Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

Leesewzany 10-03-2015 03:09 PM

I just realized... Today is the third... Less than a week until we are all anointed santas!!! Sorry... I get a weebit excitable, lol.

buddy'smom 10-03-2015 03:50 PM

Me to can't wait to see who I get so I can get started. Gonna be so much fun.

Birdscraps 10-03-2015 04:34 PM

I am excited as well. Did a bit of shopping on Amazon today.

ibex94 10-03-2015 04:38 PM

is someone willing to share what they got in their package last year? It sounds like everyone loads up a box with small things they collected all year in addition to the 4 fq and one $20 gift. I want to make sure I do the right thing.

Jan Rutherford 10-03-2015 04:42 PM

HArd to believe its that time of year when all the holiday stuff appears.... summer flew by...Been making stuff for my SS box.

SulaBug 10-03-2015 05:48 PM

I am so excited too, to get my name so I can start packing my box!! :D I already have my box from the Post Office & just need to know what my Santee would like to have me put in it!! :D This is always so much fun, I can hardly wait!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 10-03-2015 05:54 PM

I will send more info. when the names are passed out!!
:D :D :D :D

quiltingdragon 10-03-2015 06:50 PM

1. What's your favorite color? Purple or anything bright Worst color? Brown
Love all jewel tones, but not so fond of civil war fabrics, dusky/country colors, or anything blah.

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other?
love love love bright tone on tones or bright multicolor prints

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy?
Somewhere between traditional and scrappy.

4. Pets? what kind & how many?
One ancient labrador (13 1/2), and one tabby cat.

5. Coffee or Tea?
tea

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it?
love it, esp with peanut butter or caramel, love peanut butter M&M's- I can't have any kind of actual nuts anymore due to diverticulitis so I go with the creamy kind!

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought?
I am fine with either! Just that someone took the time to either look for or make something just for me is enough!

8. What's your favorite flower?
Red roses or white daisies, or those bright gerbera daisies.

9. Your favorite snack?
Peanut butter M&M's or a good cookie when I can work it into my diet plan!

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book?
Either an episode of my one of my fave tv shows or whatever's on my ipod or pandora.

jaba 10-03-2015 06:53 PM

ibex94, go into the archives and look for last years swap. You can go through and see all the pics of when we all opened our package. That will give you an idea of what was sent and maybe help you out.

sulabug, I'm going to wait until names are out also....figured I can see if my secret partner posted and then I can print it off. Hope she or he does...then I'll be good to go, I think:)

Lstew2212 10-03-2015 07:11 PM

The 9th is getting closer, I am so excited. My first swap was last year and it was the best. I got the best gifts from my secret Santa.

Now on to some additional information for my secret Santa:

when I am creating I can use just about any color. Red is my favorite color. I am collecting fabric patterns like grass,trees,flowers. I am attempting to do a landscape quilt wall hanging of the mountains I visited this summer in Alaska.

fabric type: batiks and prints that look like landscape, grass, trees, weeds, flowers, water, Sky, clouds etc.

quilting style: I love scrappy, but at the moment, I'm trying my hand at a landscape quilt.

I have two dogs.

coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon, I love flavored hot teas. Hot chocolate is yummy also.

I love dark chocolate.

I like homemade gifts, I like the thought put into a homemade gift. Store bought gifts are great too.

fav flower is a yellow rose.

favorite snack: sesame sticks

I play music while I sew, Broadway hits.

i also crochet, knit and cross stitch.

I hope this helps my secret Santa, and have fun.