Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

jaba 09-29-2015 06:02 AM

I have a few items that have been collected, now just need a name to make it "her or his own"

Dedemac 09-29-2015 06:57 AM

Good morning everyone!, I have been on the fence around the hole trying to decide if I should do the swap again this year. So many changes and extra responsibilities since last time. But I decided that I need to look after myself as well as the others in my life and if I'm not happy and rested I can't be there for them. And the hole makes me happy!:D Plus I have been stashing stuff all year, and what would I do with it if didn't join??? Now just waiting for my name.

We started a new craft at house, Wine! Any one want to try home made cherry, or concord grape? Those are in the bottles and will be ready to drink soon. The strawberry rhubarb and current should be bottled soon and may be ready after Christmas. Then there is the plum that we just started that wont be ready until next year.

Who has some chocolate?????

CookyIN 09-29-2015 07:22 AM

Dedemac, strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorite flavor combinations! But since we have to decide by Christmas, I'll choose cherry. I'm impressed that you're trying your hand at home brewing -- bring some down to the hole and we'll all have a taste!

ljs317 09-29-2015 07:42 AM

Skipping, Hopping, Dancing joyously. It's begun!!!

madamekelly 09-29-2015 08:04 AM

Yippee! Gonna give a gift......is it you? I really missed doing this so here I am again.

Cindy60545 09-29-2015 08:53 AM

Whoppie! Sign ups are closed! Now we wait on our Santaee name. I've already collected stuff for my box, but want to make it more personal. Who's house is going to be looking out for my broomstick this year???

Clmay 09-29-2015 09:34 AM

I have never joined one of the Santee's until this year. I have a few questions like what kind of things do you collect through the year to put in the gift boxes? I am really excited, but also afraid that I will disappoint the person I am giving to. I am so nervous. Help!!

Dedemac 09-29-2015 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7331062)
Dedemac, strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorite flavor combinations! But since we have to decide by Christmas, I'll choose cherry. I'm impressed that you're trying your hand at home brewing -- bring some down to the hole and we'll all have a taste!

It's not really that hard, the hardest part is waiting. Started the Cherry wine in February from cherries that we froze from the tree last year. It was 4 months for the first part before the wine got to the point to be able to bottle, then it has to sit in the bottles for at least 4 months or more to age. What I tasted when we bottled it, was a nice dessert wine that will go with cheese for our opening party!

jclinganrey 09-29-2015 10:39 AM

I'm in and this is my second year. Have to tell you I'm not much of a 'chatterbox' on this thread as I'm involved in other areas on the QB, so no 'bad-mouthing' for not yacking it up here, please. ((besides, the boss says so)) - - - -

grannyshep 09-29-2015 11:35 AM

When did the sign ups open? Now the sign ups are closed and I have collected a ton of goodies for Secret Santa.
I'm VERY disappointed!
Do you have to sign up each year or am I in because I signed up last year?