Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

CookyIN 11-06-2015 01:46 PM

Wow, Birdscraps, anyone would love to receive those!

Birdscraps 11-06-2015 02:51 PM

Thanks everyone! My package has left America's Finest City and is heading to the Great North! Can hardly wait for package opening day!

skaduzy 11-06-2015 03:06 PM

When is package opening day? Did I miss the decision?

roseirish48 11-06-2015 04:12 PM

thanks tp my dear sweet furbabies insisting on regular meals--like every time i turn around it seems---i had to make a trip to the other side o the park to the local Target store to get stocked up for their breakfast. Lo and behold, a sweet young man as busy stocking the shelves with more apples and he had all these lovely boxes beside him of just the size i need. Upon asking, he graciously told me to help myself to as many as i wanted as he had way more than he wanted to see or deal with.
So now I have a box--stashed out of reach of Buzz( poor guy-how was he to know i needed that other box more than he did)--so now i can start wrapping,stuffing and whatever else i need to do to get all the gifts in there and mailed to ???(what's her name again)

skaduzy 11-06-2015 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 7368322)
thanks tp my dear sweet furbabies insisting on regular meals--like every time i turn around it seems---i had to make a trip to the other side o the park to the local Target store to get stocked up for their breakfast. Lo and behold, a sweet young man as busy stocking the shelves with more apples and he had all these lovely boxes beside him of just the size i need. Upon asking, he graciously told me to help myself to as many as i wanted as he had way more than he wanted to see or deal with.
So now I have a box--stashed out of reach of Buzz( poor guy-how was he to know i needed that other box more than he did)--so now i can start wrapping,stuffing and whatever else i need to do to get all the gifts in there and mailed to ???(what's her name again)

Hope it's me! I love to open gifts!

countrymaid 11-06-2015 05:10 PM

Made it to my LQS on my lunch hour and found just the thing for my SS. So excited to get my package ready. Will mail next week.

Bullock2us 11-06-2015 05:16 PM

We have a JoAnns and a Hobby Lobby about 1/2 hr away. Hobby Lobby just opened a couple of months ago-I like going there. I also like to shop Connecting Threads and Missouri Star Quilt company. I do not get any magazine subscriptions but i like them when I do. Have not been on here very often obviously-I have missed so much. Must get caught up!

b.zang 11-06-2015 07:16 PM

This is what it looks like when you work 6 weeks with a one day break. It really gets in the way of my quilting! I found Cindy's questions, so thought I'd add my two cents even if a little late.

1. What's your favorite color? Worst color? I have the most blues, probably because my husband is red/green colour blind and he loves blue (so do I). Never too much. Worst colour? - pink.

2. Fabric type - Batiks, blenders; trying to collect some larger prints and would appreciate some help with this, I keep getting more blenders!

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy? Traditional and scrappy

4. Pets? what kind & how many? 1 large dog

5. Coffee or Tea? Both. Coffee in the morning, tea later in the day.

6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? I'm afraid I'm a chocolate snob and only like Belgian truffles.

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? No preference

8. What's your favorite flower? Lilacs

9. Your favorite snack? Salty

10. What's playing in your sewing area when you're there? T.V., music, book? Often listening to NFL from the other room as my husband is a fan; sometimes 70's pop music, sometimes classical music. Usually just listen to the thoughts in my head.

nellie 11-06-2015 09:16 PM

getting ready for mystery with Bonnie have to iron fabrics and making small gift along other brought gifts to s.pal. have camera but can,t post pictures computer acting up again you all have a nice weekend

m-fay 11-06-2015 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Birdscraps (Post 7367935)
Ok so trying again to upload the things I finished making last night. I'm off to the post office this morning because these guys need to start making their journey way north of me.
This is a boiled wool appliquéd wallhanging. SS - I hope you can find something to use as a hanger because the dowel I had for this won't fit in the box. :mad:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535040[/ATTACH]
This is the paper clay snowman I made. I figured since my SS lives where there is lots of snow she might want a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535041[/ATTACH]
And finally I made this little box to put the snowman in but alas you can see that I made the box BEFORE I made the snowman and the box is too small for my snowman. I'm going to try and nestle him in there anyway in the hopes to protect him while he makes his long journey.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535042[/ATTACH]

they are so sweet... guess its not me they're coming to...I dont have snow.