Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

Birdscraps 11-05-2015 11:32 PM

So I finally finished up the last of my homemade items for my SS. I tried for over an hour to post photos to no avail. Just know SS it was a little snowman made out of paper clay - my new art obsession, a decoupage box and a quilted Santa wallhanging. Will try again tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake.

CookyIN 11-06-2015 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 7367575)
Me and hubby purchased our last items today. Now just need to finish up my project for mine, and get it all together. :)

What fun that the two of you are doing this together!

Quiltedhorse 11-06-2015 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Birdscraps (Post 7367730)
So I finally finished up the last of my homemade items for my SS. I tried for over an hour to post photos to no avail. Just know SS it was a little snowman made out of paper clay - my new art obsession, a decoupage box and a quilted Santa wallhanging. Will try again tomorrow when I'm a bit more awake.

that sounds awesome.

Birdscraps 11-06-2015 07:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok so trying again to upload the things I finished making last night. I'm off to the post office this morning because these guys need to start making their journey way north of me.
This is a boiled wool appliquéd wallhanging. SS - I hope you can find something to use as a hanger because the dowel I had for this won't fit in the box. :mad:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535040[/ATTACH]
This is the paper clay snowman I made. I figured since my SS lives where there is lots of snow she might want a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535041[/ATTACH]
And finally I made this little box to put the snowman in but alas you can see that I made the box BEFORE I made the snowman and the box is too small for my snowman. I'm going to try and nestle him in there anyway in the hopes to protect him while he makes his long journey.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535042[/ATTACH]

dottie dodge 11-06-2015 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=Birdscraps;7367935]Ok so trying again to upload the things I finished making last night. I'm off to the post office this morning because these guys need to start making their journey way north of me.
This is a boiled wool appliquéd wallhanging. SS - I hope you can find something to use as a hanger because the d

Wish I lived way north of you, those are darling!

JuneBillie 11-06-2015 08:49 AM

Those are very pretty gifts you made. :)

JuneBillie 11-06-2015 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7367734)
What fun that the two of you are doing this together!

Yes, and he is a registered member on here, but the only time he has been on anything is the other time he and I both joined the Secret Santa a few years ago. He actually has a sewing machine of his own with the intentions of sewing some zipper bags that he puts a lot of things in, but hasn't done them yet. He also is always looking at the things I make, and loves seeing the things I receive. If I need help with my machine doing something funky he checks it out for me etc. He does enjoy seeing pretty made things. He really appreciates all he sees on the board. :)

huntannette 11-06-2015 09:11 AM

OHHHH I live up north....way up north where there is lots and lots of snow.....only this year the snow has given us a break.....but, today you can feel it in the air......it won`t be long now......I will love your gifts!! thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Birdscraps (Post 7367935)
Ok so trying again to upload the things I finished making last night. I'm off to the post office this morning because these guys need to start making their journey way north of me.
This is a boiled wool appliquéd wallhanging. SS - I hope you can find something to use as a hanger because the dowel I had for this won't fit in the box. :mad:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535040[/ATTACH]
This is the paper clay snowman I made. I figured since my SS lives where there is lots of snow she might want a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535041[/ATTACH]
And finally I made this little box to put the snowman in but alas you can see that I made the box BEFORE I made the snowman and the box is too small for my snowman. I'm going to try and nestle him in there anyway in the hopes to protect him while he makes his long journey.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]535042[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 11-06-2015 10:34 AM

WOW...........what beautiful gifts you have made for your Secret Santee. Who wouldn't love to get this package in the mail? :D I also live up north of you, but not as far as huntannette does. Maybe I could the one!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

buddy'smom 11-06-2015 10:54 AM

Is it me?????????????????