Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

ibex94 10-15-2015 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7345988)
Yahoo one of the gifts I ordered for my SS gift arrived, so pretty. Sewed up a little surprise for her and it turned out so cute, tried to make a similar one for my friend and Grrrr nothing went right on it. Totally frustrating

I'll gladly take your rejects, terriamn

ibex94 10-15-2015 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 7345715)
i would love to receive the tote. It is beautiful.

Don't know how I missed the original post.

ditto!!!

Robinlee 10-15-2015 07:59 AM

Some things about me for my Secret Santa,

I am a Family and Consumer Science teacher, whom is also a FCCLA and Freshman Advisor. A grandmother to 6 and 3 step-grandchildren. Raised on a ranch in the Black Hills of SD area. Love to read books - romance and inspirational, Have been sewing since I was 7 and started in 4H. My hobbies of course include Sewing and Quilting, Cooking and collecting Cookbooks, Use to do Decorative painting - Tole painting and I use to Square Dance.

Love chocolate and especially Dark Chocolate, Popcorn. Christmas goodies are a favorite.

Collect Thimbles and Postcards of other places, also fat quarters from different places (fabrics/textiles are regional: Alaskan designs, Southwest, Beach, African etc...)

No pets and DON'T smoke. - Grew out of the pet stage years ago. No kids at home to play and take care of them. And hard to provide if you are never home.

Do you like the Clover binding clips? - haven't used them - but would like to try them.

Do you like/use zippers? I use them for wallets/ small see-thru bags

Do you like Christmas fabrics? Love Christmas and Halloween fabrics

Do you have a Keurig brewer? No - Don't drink coffee

If YES do you have a favorite flavor/kind of coffee, tea or hot chocolate? Love hot chocolate and Chia Tea, no specific brand.

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... A Quilty girl could always use more.

Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? subscribe to Fons & Porter, Better Homes & Garden American Patchwork & Quilting, McCalls Quilting and Quiltmaker

Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) - could use some smaller ones

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? I'm a hand lotion junkie...always searching for the most hydrating one - Aveno Moisture and stress reducing - also like the black & white "udder cream"

Do you like Bath & Body Works products? I like them Just don't buy them or go in the store. Not a Mall kind-of -person - I know, just not my kinda place - Quilt and fabric stores are my place. I hate grocery shopping, but that is a must.

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? Use very little, but willing to try some of the new stuff that is out there.

Do you like the Clover Yo-Yo makers? No - don't use

How about the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers? No - don't use

Do you like using yo-yo's (already made) in your projects? No - don't use

NoraB 10-15-2015 10:02 AM

This Secret Santa is needing some more input from her little Santee (?). Is the person I'm giving the present to the Santee? What does it stand for.........?

Anyway, this is my first Christmas swap too.....so if you are out there.........please help me by answering some of those wonderful additional questions that folks have been posting.......it will help me........

Either way...this is so much fun........I'm one of those who likes the quest and the anticipation.......so on to my quest for "deals" and the challenge is on to fill up the box!

Happy Shopping and Wrapping everyone!!! Nora

rbwiese 10-15-2015 12:01 PM

Do you have an embroidery machine? Yes, a new one that I have not used yet! Trying to make time to experiment.
What kind? Janome MC11000 SE
Hoop size (largest)? It has an Aquifil and another one - maybe 8x10 or embroidery size 5x7? Not sure! LOL

Do you hand embroidery or cross stitch? Not much any longer - have limited vision - only light and large shapes in Rt eye!

Hand sewing? Buttons and hems are about it

rbwiese 10-15-2015 12:29 PM

Will change my answer to the last question on hand sewing - I do still smock, make outfits for my 2 grands. Guess I had a brain fart! LOL

Rena

dottie dodge 10-15-2015 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;7340890]I will be sending 1 yard of this fabric to my little elf IF I
see them post that they would like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532950[/ATTACH]

Very nice fabric! Are you my secret santa? LOL Been out of town the last few days. Looks like I have a little catching up to do.

juneayerza 10-15-2015 06:18 PM

As a long time member of this board, I was appalled to read a recent post in the Secret Santa Swap. To launch an attack on two members of this board with one of them only being a member since August is not appropriate. I agree people are all different in their customs and the way they were raised. However, if a board member makes an inappropriate remark about anything regarding the Secret Santa swap it is Terri’s place to take care of it. For someone else to go on a rant that makes people feel that they can’t state a simple opinion that is not directed at any one person in particular is hurtful and is self-righteous.

SulaBug 10-15-2015 06:22 PM

Oh Goodie.............I went shopping for my Santee today & boy is she going to love what I found for her. This is so much fun & I am having a blast putting together my package for her!! I hope she likes every thing I picked out just for her. I can hardly wait for opening day!!
:D :D :D :D

ibex94 10-15-2015 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 7346542)
As a long time member of this board, I was appalled to read a recent post in the Secret Santa Swap. To launch an attack on two members of this board with one of them only being a member since August is not appropriate. I agree people are all different in their customs and the way they were raised. However, if a board member makes an inappropriate remark about anything regarding the Secret Santa swap it is Terri’s place to take care of it. For someone else to go on a rant that makes people feel that they can’t state a simple opinion that is not directed at any one person in particular is hurtful and is self-righteous.

I originally read that exchange and didn't see anyone being fussed at for expecting a thank you. I thought the writer (the one considered to be launching the attack) was saying that things are changing for the worse in the board since folks aren't bothering to thank one another for their participation. I was just naive about the intent of that post but I had forgotten about it because I thought it was a miscommunication.

I hope that they have been talking to one another via PM since then because no one but you has addressed the issue in the threads.

Just reread the exchange from the perspective of someone telling others not to change the rules. The "rules" don't say to say thank you. So yes, it was a snarky post from this rereading. Perhaps it should be deleted?