Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2015-chat-opening-day-december-6th-%40-3pm-est-t270492.html)

nellie 10-13-2015 11:54 PM

hi Terri i wouldn,t mind some if you still giving some panels away to use my quilting machine

verna2197 10-14-2015 04:57 AM

Way to go! The cowboy was hot

Originally Posted by Bilben (Post 7344873)
Way back a few years some friends and I went to see the Chippendales. Most of the girls in the bar were in love with the leather-clad biker guy, but I had my eye on the cowboy. Late in the evening I was standing on my chair along with several other ladies (all of us very tipsy) when the biker dude started dancing right in front of me and many of my fiends reached out to him, knocking me off my chair into his arms. I was the envy of everyone in the bar! But it got even better because who should come and rescue me from this guy? The cowboy! He picked my up and made sure I was okay and gave me a hug!

verna2197 10-14-2015 04:59 AM

Jaba your comment cracked me up. Was laying inbed Dh was asleep until I read your comment.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7344864)
My bed time here, but I'm laughing so hard I almost piddled my pants. I will be giggling until I fall asleep. I bet I wake up in the night....dreaming of cold coins:)

jeanne49 10-14-2015 06:04 AM

I didn't mean to upset or offend people when I stated that my partner doesn't seem to be chatty. Just made an observation in writing. She gave enough info in her questionnaire for me to make up a great gift box, but it's always nice to be able to really personalize the gift(s). I'll just keep checking the thread and find out what's new with everyone here. Hope you all have a great day. I started wrapping stuff last night and hopefully will get some sewing done today.

jaba 10-14-2015 06:06 AM

I went to bed giggling and hubby asked what was so funny.....I told him it was 1 of those things that "you just had to be there" His reply............Oh, your ladies on the QB huh? :)
Yesterday had a brainy idea for my SS so started another little project. Going to work on it today and finish it up. Terri sending you a PM, I donate lots of little prizes to the senior center here that they use for various things. Maybe something you have will work.

Evie 10-14-2015 06:49 AM

Well, I'm off for 10 days to visit my sister in Indiana, but I have my goodies ready to be wrapped and shipped when I get back. I do have one more thing I'd like to include, but that will wait until my return. (You SS's are very chatty, so I can just imagine the number of posts I'll have to catch up on when I'm back on the Board! :) )

sunrise450 10-14-2015 08:19 AM

Terri, thanks for the fabric offer, sent you a PM. You gals are cracking me up. I read what is written here along with my breakfast and enjoy it so much.
Now, I gotta tell you all about my yesterday. My husband was helping me change some things around in my sewing room. He had just bought me a much needed large cutting mat and a new ott light. Both great buys. I had to clear off the old mat in order to put the new one on. I just put the things that were on the old mat on the ironing board. I cleared off the ironing board and went to work on the block I was working on. Got the block almost finished and dh call from upstairs that the game was coming on and I had better hurry. For some reason he made me flustered and without looking I put a piece of the block on the board and started pressing. I looked down and screamed! There was something brown on the iron board, my iron and now the block! I just turned everything off and left it.
I tried watching the game, (we lost) and crocheted on an afghan I am making for my daughter. Looked at that (the afghan) real close after a while and saw I made a mistake 5 rows back! Just left that too.
Today I faced what I thought was going to be a horrible day.....washed iron board cover, iron and block. Everything turned out perfect.
Still have to take out the last 5 rows of the afghan but doesn't seem to be the problem it was last night.
The moral of this story? Nothing is ever as bad as they seem. I never found out what was on the ironing board but since it all cleaned up I am not really concerned. Still I think that I will have to pay more attention after this!
Sorry I got so long winded and board you all to tears.

mimiknoxtaylor 10-14-2015 10:25 AM

Wow, I've been out of touch for the weekend & just finished going through all the posts this morning. Sat and answered all the questions, hit send & that's when the frustration hit. Crazy computer said it couldn't connect to internet & so I hit refresh. It pulled up the board then but all my answers were gone! Had to get ready & leave for doctor appt. so now I'll try again. This time I was smarter. I made a document of the answers & now I'll try to just copy & paste.
Having fun with all the posting. Would like to see some of us check in who aren't so chatty. I've just been so busy with getting Halloween things ready for the grands. When you have 12 it all takes time!
Answers to questions for Secret Santa 2015
1. What's your favorite color? Worst color? Teal, aqua & all shades of blue
If I have a “worst” color I guess it would be gray but I am trying to use some in my quilts.

2. Fabric type - Batik, solids, floral, Civil War, 30's, other? Love batiks but don’t have many. Love bright solids & florals. I’ve been collecting 30’s prints for a Dresden Plate in the future so my tastes are very broad.

3. Quilting style - traditional, modern, scrappy?
All the above. More & more scrappy with my stash getting out of control!
4. Pets? what kind & how many?
None now. Had a dog & 4 cats, but we all aged & they got to the Pearly Gates 1[SUP]st[/SUP].
5. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee every morning & sometimes during the day. Tea very seldom
6. Chocolate - love it or hate it? Like chocolate but don’t have it every day.

7. Do you prefer homemade gifts or store bought? Homemade

8. What's your favorite flower? Iris, rose especially cabbage roses (peonies) , then lily.

9. Your favorite snack? Nuts of any kind, Ritz crackers, popcorn, anything sweet

10. What's playing in your sewing area when your there? T.V., music, book? Oldies music. Favorite singer is Dean Martin
Do you have a Keurig brewer? No

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... I’m always fascinated at the new things. Have plenty of the old ones. Some in multiples since we have 2 homes & I got tired of taking things back & forth so I bought 2 of things I use every day.
Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? I do like to look at them & last year started taking only Block & this year added McCalls. As far as books I have way too many but usually come home from LQS or shop with another

Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) I have a lot but saw one in Joann’s to make a cat that was not quite a triangle & almost bought it. I love cats but can’t have another one right now

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? Yes, usually buy Bath & Body Works. My favorite scents are Be Enchanted & Moonlight Path
Do you like Bath & Body Works products? Yes

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? Yes, but don’t use often & when I need it I run off a copy on computer

ibex94 10-14-2015 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Birdscraps (Post 7344826)
Verna - I want to go to the bar with you. You are a hoot. I have wine down in the hole. Who needs some?

I am so ready for some wine. Thanks!

ibex94 10-14-2015 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7342945)
DH says if I am going into the whole, I should take a cherry cordial cake too, to make sure I am welcome. Fudge and cherry cordial cake, I guess I best get busy.....

Wine and fudge and cherry cordial cake... yum! I am so ready!