Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-sign-ups-2016-a-t282172.html)

tlrnhi 11-27-2016 08:20 AM

Judy, there is always someone to step in when life happens. No worries, just send out your package if you haven't sent it, or hand deliver it. Either/or is good.
We are just glad that Cindy is going to be ok.

Originally Posted by Judylee2 (Post 7707064)
Cindy, Terri has had an angel step in for your as Secret Santa I am heart sick, I Will send to you anyway and gladly send my SS to anyone who has been missed!

Anoka Quilter 11-27-2016 10:44 AM

Terri, so sorry to hear about Belle. We are also dealing with the same thing with our first puppy of 16 years now. While it isn't easy to watch them run into things they do adjust and in time will be able to get around just fine. I swear they learn how to count their steps. The main hint I have for you is not to rearrange the furniture as that will throw them off. Good luck with Belle. I hope everything turns out for the very best.

tlrnhi 11-27-2016 11:15 AM

Thanks.
I just hope it's not SARDS. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed. At least I can hope. But, whatever it is, we will deal with it.

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 7707312)
Terri, so sorry to hear about Belle. We are also dealing with the same thing with our first puppy of 16 years now. While it isn't easy to watch them run into things they do adjust and in time will be able to get around just fine. I swear they learn how to count their steps. The main hint I have for you is not to rearrange the furniture as that will throw them off. Good luck with Belle. I hope everything turns out for the very best.

SulaBug 11-27-2016 11:29 AM

Terri,

Prayers are going out for your Belly Belle. These treasures of family members are so special & give us so much joy, that I know she just has to get well. Do keep us posted & I will keep praying for her & her family.
:D :D :D :D

CookyIN 11-27-2016 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7707144)
I wasn't going to ask , lol, but what the heck (it doesn't matter anyway, but I kinda find it funny)
uhm....What happened to the "secret" in Secret Santa ? :D

Marietta, it usually is a secret -- and the funny thing is that I never would have known the match-ups this year if someone hadn't pointed it out here. I read my package wrong and thought it came from an entirely different state than it did!

I'll join you in the hole -- I'll bring pumpkin pie, whipped cream, coffee, and wine. Everyone's welcome to join us!

Cindy60545 11-27-2016 02:13 PM

Thanks all for the prayers & good wishes. I think ya'll that have been in this swap before knew something was up with me not posting anything at all for so long. It's just not me. But prayers were answered, I'm still alive, and now I can continue getting my strength back & getting back to my passion of quilting. Thanks Terri for pinch hitting for me this year too, or whomever the angel was that covered for me.

Terri, I pray all goes well with Belle.

sewingsuz 11-27-2016 04:40 PM

Oh, Cindy60545, I am so glad you are home and recovering. That was a scary time.
Terri, i hope and pray that Belle gets better and you won't have to worry on your trip.

cuppy 11-28-2016 03:15 AM

I received SS package, thank you. It was waiting for me, been away since Tuesday eve.

redstilettos 11-28-2016 04:55 AM

I've been MIA for a while with the holiday going on here, but when I got home I had a surprise from my SS. It really doesn't matter to me what is inside, I am thankful for the person who sent it to me, knowing good intentions were put forth in picking it out. The spirit is what I am enjoying the most, So....to my SS, thank you!

To Cindy....welcome back (twice!). God has other plans for you. Most likely to keep us SS's in line ;)

I am praying for Belly Belle. 189#? Dane? Just curious, as I am totally enthralled with all four legged furry babies...Hope she is doing better today.

To the rest of my online friends: I am pleased to see you all made it through the holiday unscathed, and here is to two more weeks of curiosity!!

Louise Houghtaling 11-28-2016 05:51 AM

Having this enticing package just sitting here has made me pensive and philosophical.What is it that makes us able to resist opening? Who would know? I know, for me, being part of the swap includes the excitement of waiting. Methinks I may be watching too much crime tv! Does anyone else ever think about this kind of thing?