Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

klaws 08-28-2014 06:43 AM

I would love to join in on this one. :)

sunrise450 08-28-2014 06:43 AM

This is such a fun swap! I'll be watching and waiting for this to open. My secret Santa made me so happy last year, I hope I can make someone just as happy this year!

oneteappot 08-28-2014 06:49 AM

Since I haven't been in this swap, can you tell me a bit more about it. What does everyone put in the boxes? Sounds very interesting! And when do we send out.

ArizonaKAT 08-28-2014 07:38 AM

I put a little of everything in. Sewing, quilting, fabric, things not related to any of that. I also try to add at least one thing from my little area of the world.

Can't wait to get my name.

Going to the hole to wait for the rest of you.

KAT

tlrnhi 08-28-2014 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6863420)
Since I haven't been in this swap, can you tell me a bit more about it. What does everyone put in the boxes? Sounds very interesting! And when do we send out.

You'll get your person's name/addy and such. There will also be a list of "wants/likes" along with it. The basic rule is....4 fat quarters and a gift not to exceed $20. Now, does that mean you have to buy one thing for $20? Nope! You can buy numerous things to equal that amount. Most people will shop, shop, shop now since some things could be on sale. I've seen packages that look as if the person spent tons of money, but in fact, since some shop all year for this swap, they get awesome deals and can pack a package with tons for the $20. Can you go over that amount? Sure you can. Some will, some can't...it's all ok. This is to be fun and not a popularity contest as to who can send the best package.
I've been doing this swap for years and there's always a learning curve to it every year. We have a ton of fun while waiting for names and then again waiting for packages. It's all in good fun.
Ask as many questions as you like. If I don't get to answer your question, someone will. You can private message me also if you'd like.

tlrnhi 08-28-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6863483)
I put a little of everything in. Sewing, quilting, fabric, things not related to any of that. I also try to add at least one thing from my little area of the world.

Can't wait to get my name.

Going to the hole to wait for the rest of you.

KAT

The "hole" isn't opened as of yet. The farmer still has corn in the field, so I can't get to it. I do have some wine I will share for those that end up there. :)

klaws 08-28-2014 08:54 AM

That's good. I like wine! :p

CookyIN 08-28-2014 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6863552)
I do have some wine I will share for those that end up there. :)

LOL, my glass is tipped and ready!

ArizonaKAT 08-28-2014 09:05 AM

See, the hole is opening up!

BrendaK 08-28-2014 09:05 AM

Please count me in. I was really bummed last year missed it. Look forward to this year. Please count me in. Thanks BrendaK