Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-please-read-important-update-remember-thank-your-sender-t153210.html)

ljs317 09-19-2011 05:20 AM

Ho Ho Ho! It's off we go! I hope I have been good this Year?
Lisa

CajunQuilter2 09-19-2011 05:38 AM

I am getting excited and it is way to early to do that....:-) I have been looking for things everytime I go shopping plus I keep a box of swap goodies and have been looking thru it as well. Can't wait to see who my pal is to get it personalized.....

tlrnhi 09-19-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by dd
So this is my first year doing this, can someone please give some ideas of what to send for gifts? What did you receive last year? I saw fudge somewhere and quilty gadgets. What else?

Don't think I really gave enough info when I sent my PM. If you want more info, please PM me again and I will give more info.

you can just send me more info about likes/dislikes if you want.
If the person that is sending is at a loss as to what to find, I will act as a go-between to get more info for them.

What to send for gifts?
extra fat quarters
thread
pins/needles
candy
chocolate
buttons(novelty, cute ones for decorating quilts and such)
cutting blades
patterns
chocolate
thread catcher (one person already said they were going to make their person one and a few have put down asking for one)
templates
marking pens
marking pencils
chocolate
charm packs
magazines
books
chocolate

Oh my! I noticed I put chocolate down a few times. lol
Hope this small list helps

grandme26 09-19-2011 06:13 AM

Just signed up. Love this swap

Debra Mc 09-19-2011 08:27 AM

I'm so glad I was thinking about this today. Have been super busy babysitting with my dad in hospital. Glad I found it. Didn't want to miss it this year.

annthreecats 09-19-2011 09:35 AM

I already found stuff in my stash for extras. Little buttons, appliques, ribbons, and tools.

Santa Claus is coming to town!!!

tlrnhi 09-19-2011 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
I already found stuff in my stash for extras. Little buttons, appliques, ribbons, and tools.

Santa Claus is coming to town!!!

Yes, pull from your stash!
We all have something in our stashes that we don't use/need.

maine ladybug 09-19-2011 11:06 AM

What is it about quilters and chocolate???? It's at the top of my list, after fabric, of course!

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by dd
So this is my first year doing this, can someone please give some ideas of what to send for gifts? What did you receive last year? I saw fudge somewhere and quilty gadgets. What else?

Don't think I really gave enough info when I sent my PM. If you want more info, please PM me again and I will give more info.

you can just send me more info about likes/dislikes if you want.
If the person that is sending is at a loss as to what to find, I will act as a go-between to get more info for them.

What to send for gifts?
extra fat quarters
thread
pins/needles
candy
chocolate
buttons(novelty, cute ones for decorating quilts and such)
cutting blades
patterns
chocolate
thread catcher (one person already said they were going to make their person one and a few have put down asking for one)
templates
marking pens
marking pencils
chocolate
charm packs
magazines
books
chocolate

Oh my! I noticed I put chocolate down a few times. lol
Hope this small list helps

arimuse 09-19-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804

Originally Posted by arimuse
oh, thank you for clarifying. I will mail asap anyway, but want to get the name before shopping too big cus I want to try and fit things to the person I get. (Also, I dont know about anyone else, BUT I am a terrible waiter - waiting to open gifts! lol If stuff comes too early I just have to poke and poke and shake things - if my package didnt come until Christmas Eve it would be a relief :-D ) sharet

LOL Sharet, you sound a lot like me!

oh, I've been trying to be better. Now that I have such a small extended family left, and they're so far away, and hubs #2 is NOT into any holiday at all, I look forward to my secret santas with anticipation. I save everything until Christmas eve, when I open 1 santa gift (cus, growing up and most of my life most of Christmas fell on Christmas eve), and open the rest Christmas morning - so I have suprises. Hubs doesnt min "giving" me gifts (paying!), as long as I pick them out, pick them up and wrap them lol. sharet

annthreecats 09-19-2011 03:35 PM

Jingle bells,
Jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
Oh, what fun it is to ride,
in a one horse open sleeeeeiiiigh

Everybody sing . . . .. .