Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sept. 2" Squares Swap, Signups Close Sept. 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sept-2-squares-swap-signups-close-sept-15-a-t252365.html)

sewbizgirl 08-27-2014 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6861934)
I agree, I love to cut fabric, especially when it is scraps. When I cut for this swap or any other swap, I include myself. So when the swap is complete. like this swap, I will have 1200 little 2" charms. Hopefully all different. A few years back, I hosted a once a month swap for 5" charms for over a year. I used quite a few, made 3 quilts, countless pot holders and table runners. then went on to other things. I still have some of those charms and that is what I am now cutting up. I hope you enjoy these little charms as much as I do.
I finished packaging 12 sets and now on to the Christmas charms. Should have these in the mail tomorrow or the next day.
Have a nice day everyone!
Phyllis

You are on the ball, Phyllis!

Wow, 1200 squares sounds like so much, but it really doesn't go that far when they are this little. I would love to see what we all end up doing with these. Of course, there's nothing wrong with just collecting them, either. :)

I lucked out and found a box of 2" squares from around 1960, at an estate sale. They are not all different... looks like the lady was cutting up old clothing and keeping the squares to quilt with later, when she had enough. I love the old prints in the box! Some are ugly, but most are darling. Some look like they date back much further than 1960. FUN.

DDuMouchel 08-29-2014 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This picture was posted today on Bonnie Hunter's Open Studio group on facebook. I'd seen a version before with a white background but I like it MUCH better with the dark blue background. The tutorial can be found at
http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...at-five-quilt/ The tutorial uses 2.5 inch squares but the picture is of one made with two inch squares.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2014 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love it, Donna!!

n10sgrrl, your package arrived today. Thanks for the package of gift squares for me! You are too sweet. Your fabrics are beautiful... obviously, you work with the 'good stuff'!

Here's a WARNING FOR ALL SWAPPERS: Jaime's package (n10sgrrl) was one of those paper priority envelopes, and it arrived all torn up and taped back together. The P.O. stamped it "received in damaged condition", but luckily everything was there, including the cash! Some honest postal worker got ahold of it before everything fell out. PLEASE, if you are going to use those paper Priority envelopes, COVER THEM with packaging tape for reinforcement. If they go through postal sorting the wrong way they get twisted and torn and you may lose whatever is in them. This time we were lucky, but please everyone reinforce those envelopes with lots of tape. I don't want anyone's stuff getting lost.

I will start the list, since we have 8 signed up and the packages have started arriving! Good job Jaime, getting yours cut and mailed early!

sewbizgirl 08-29-2014 03:53 PM

September 2" Squares Swap

1) DJMat, 12 sets, 6 twists
2) LyndaOH, 12 sets
3) sunrise450, 12 sets, 6 twists
4) n10sgrrl, 12 sets, 6 twists RECEIVED
5) tumrub, 4 sets
6) linmid, 12 sets, 6 twists
7) Crafty1, 12 sets, 6 twists
8) cabbagepatchkid, 12 sets, 4 twists

I will be playing too, but will wait until I go through my scraps to see how many sets I can do. I want to use different fabrics this time.

I went shopping today, looking at Christmas fabrics... and realized how hard it is to find Christmas that is a small enough print to cut a 2" square without losing the theme. Still hunting...

cabbagepatchkid 08-29-2014 04:32 PM

Thank you for sharing. I like both the white sashing and the dark.

djmat 08-30-2014 07:11 AM

Donna, that quilt is fabulous! Goodness knows it will be on my bucket list!
hugs,
dj

oksewglad 08-30-2014 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6865375)
September 2" Squares Swap

1) DJMat, 12 sets, 6 twists
2) LyndaOH, 12 sets
3) sunrise450, 12 sets, 6 twists
4) n10sgrrl, 12 sets, 6 twists RECEIVED
5) tumrub, 4 sets
6) linmid, 12 sets, 6 twists
7) Crafty1, 12 sets, 6 twists
8) cabbagepatchkid, 12 sets, 4 twists

I will be playing too, but will wait until I go through my scraps to see how many sets I can do. I want to use different fabrics this time.

I went shopping today, looking at Christmas fabrics... and realized how hard it is to find Christmas that is a small enough print to cut a 2" square without losing the theme. Still hunting...

FYI your inbox is full---yes, I will. G

sewbizgirl 08-30-2014 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6867111)
FYI your inbox is full---yes, I will. G

SO SORRY... had no idea. I deleted 100 or so messages so it should receive messages again.

DDuMouchel 08-31-2014 04:50 AM

I'm in again too for 12 sets.

sewbizgirl 08-31-2014 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by DDuMouchel (Post 6867340)
I'm in again too for 12 sets.

Are you able to pm me Donna? I cleared my inbox out of a lot of messages so it should be open now. I need your address again and let me know if you need mine again, for mailing.

Please post here if its still saying my inbox is full... It is not full!