Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Postcard Swap, Come join the fun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-postcard-swap-come-join-fun-t268872.html)

Judith1005 09-01-2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by zennia (Post 7303729)
Judith help please. Do these cards have to be 4x6? I need a little more room on mine.

Zennia, a little one way or the other is fine. The postcard in my Avatar is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. So, I see no problem with making it a bit bigger. :)

Pam P 09-01-2015 10:04 AM

OK, NOT FAIR! You have too much time on your hands lol! Just kidding, that is FANTASTIC. You are very creative!

Judith1005 09-01-2015 10:16 AM

Lol, thank you Pam. And, sometimes, i do have too much time on my hands. I know at some point, this won't always be so. So, I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

owlvamp 09-01-2015 12:54 PM

I agree Judith you are so talented. Love your postcard. My brain I guess is just not working.

Judith1005 09-01-2015 01:23 PM

Thank you Sandra. I think this is a really fun theme. You can do sewing machines, scissors, thread, mini quilts, etc. It is going to be so fun to see what everyone makes. You have lots of time to create. Why don't you step back and just let it run around your brain for awhile. I just know you will come up with something you enjoy.

I know one person mentioned thread painting. The little I've done, I just use my simple domestic machine but adjust my stitch length several times to give it dimension. I also go around the thing I'm outlining several times. The card I got from petthefabric last month, was thread painted. Every detail for the bird was done by the stitching. It was amazing.

You have crayons and markers at your disposal. By stitching and applique you can elevate the crayons and markers.

Don't forget You Tube and Pinterest for tutorials on just about anything.

ctyankee 09-01-2015 01:50 PM

Hey, Judith, the first postcard I made that I messed up was a dress form like the one you showed! Then I thought, but I'm a quilter, so that's not exactly an item in my quilting studio, is it? So I went on to postcard #2. But I thought it was too "busy" -- sort of like what my quilting studio really looks like (disorganized, shall we say?), so I'm thinking of a third idea. Boy, lots of ideas -- & little to show for it! (Sigh)

Judith1005 09-01-2015 01:59 PM

ctyankee, You are right, there is no dress form in my sewing room either. But, do you remember a few years ago when the dressform pincushion was all the rage. I just channeled that into my creation. Too bad I didn't add any stuffing in it to make it more pin cushion like. Maybe next time.

calla 09-01-2015 02:26 PM

Oh my gosh.........first Judith that is just too cute!! And I too have dabbled with a dress form.......um great minds think alike? calla. Too funny

CookyIN 09-01-2015 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by zennia (Post 7303729)
Judith help please. Do these cards have to be 4x6? I need a little more room on mine.

zennia, any size you want to make is fine with me. I plan to display it by my sewing corner, so size isn't an issue there.

ctyankee 09-01-2015 03:05 PM

Judith -- I do remember those pincushions! And one day I will actually make one! :)