Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Postcard Swap, Come join the fun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-postcard-swap-come-join-fun-t268872.html)

owlvamp 09-01-2015 04:44 PM

I thought about making a canning jar pin cushion. It's in the thinking process.

Judith1005 09-01-2015 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 7304091)
I thought about making a canning jar pin cushion. It's in the thinking process.

That sounds very interesting. I wonder what you will put in the jar? Lots of fun to be had with this thought.

sewbizgirl 09-02-2015 10:34 AM

I mailed my postcard to partner Pam P today... Hope it's all intact when she gets it!

This is my first postcard swap and I have a few questions. Do most of you mail your cards as it, without putting them in an envelope? I mailed mine as is. Also, because I had a few flat buttons on it, the postal worker said it had to be hand cancelled. Is that what most of you are finding, if you add embellishments to your postcards?

Just curious, for next time!

Pam P 09-02-2015 11:12 AM

Ooo exciting! Can't wait to see it! So far I have sent all mine except one in an envelope. The one I did send did not have any embellishments and it reached it's destination in excellent shape.

nana20010 09-02-2015 01:24 PM

love it hope I get it

nana20010 09-02-2015 01:40 PM

working on my 3rd 1 cant make up my mind who I wont to send which 1 too ctyankee I will love what every u make I'm like u I over think my self banwell I'm working on urs to here to all hard working brains

dfelker 09-02-2015 01:44 PM

WOOHOOOOO Look at THAT LIST of Players!!
Owlvamp-I am not picky AT ALL! I love anything handmade and I am just excited to be involved and have seen your work and LOVE it!!
Judith-Look at that PC with the dress form-My Mom would LOVE that!! She collects dress form/mannequins.

I have an idea and I really hope it turns out how it looks in my brain.

August just flew by and September is starting out that way as well. I hope all of you are feeling fine and sassy :)

JuneBillie 09-02-2015 02:31 PM

That dress form post card is so cute. Great ideas.

I have sent most of mine sewbizgirl as is in the mail. I enjoy any little bumps or bruises they get on their journey, but that's just me. :)

owlvamp 09-02-2015 03:24 PM

I can't find fabric to use for the canning jar. :( I wan't something see through. I'll keep looking.

ctyankee 09-02-2015 05:18 PM

JuneBillie -- I'm with you. I love the idea of them traveling through the mail roughshod.

sewbizgirl -- I send my postcards out as is. I've been sending quilted postcards to my daughter for a year or so & they all arrived intact. I haven't embellished any, though. But I always ask the post office to handstamp anyway. They're used to my eccentricities now.