Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Scrappy Block Swap - Three Dudes in Batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-scrappy-block-swap-three-dudes-batiks-t252965.html)

Annaquilts 09-16-2014 08:03 AM

Interested but very confused about the directions. How wide are the original strips to be cut? Are they 2 1/2 inches wide? Then cut 13 1/2 inch squares from those strips?

jclinganrey 09-16-2014 08:15 AM

QLG - hope you're okay now. Will be looking for your scrappy trips package - - -

Jane

jclinganrey 09-16-2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6891141)
Interested but very confused about the directions. How wide are the original strips to be cut? Are they 2 1/2 inches wide? Then cut 13 1/2 inch squares from those strips?

So sorry for the confusion. I asked Patrice to edit my original post but nothing yet. Sigh - - -

Sew two strip sets as in the picture. Cut each to 10 1/2" square. Layer according to instructions; sew 1/4" around all sides; cut diagonally from both corners. Arrange block to make the quarter square in the center. Trim to 13 1/2" unfinished.

Again - apologies for the confusion.

Jane

jclinganrey 09-16-2014 08:44 AM

I think this is who we have so far. Please let me know of any additions - - -

SEPTEMBER SCRAPPY BLOCK SWAP THREE DUDES DUE OCT. 30TH
1. Jaba
2. Quiltlovergrandma
3. Glasqlts

We're having kind of a strange start to this swap with all this confusion. Please jump in and participate.

Jane

jaba 09-16-2014 06:21 PM

Mailed my 6 sets to you today Jane, will PM you and let you know the tracking.

Gannyrosie 09-18-2014 02:22 AM

Hi Jan, I don't know if I'll have time to do this swap. I have 2 quilts now that I'm working on. Don't want to commit and then not get them done. I'll follow the thread and if I see I can make the deadline, I'll let you know. So I'm a somewhat maybe.

jclinganrey 09-19-2014 11:31 AM

1. Jaba – 6 sets REC’D
2. Deenatoo – 4 sets
3. Grannyrosie???

Jump in! Anna? Glas? C'mon!!

Jane

Janice McC 09-20-2014 06:22 PM

Hi Jane, I'd LOVE to join this one but unfortunately a lot of my time isn't my own right now. But, if by the end of this coming week I can see my way clear to making at least 4 sets, I'll pm you right before the deadline to sign up. Wish i could be certain now but I'll have to see what this next week brings. Also, a question: are you requesting any particular solid white? Would Kona White do?
Janice McC

jclinganrey 09-22-2014 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 6897387)
Hi Jane, I'd LOVE to join this one but unfortunately a lot of my time isn't my own right now. But, if by the end of this coming week I can see my way clear to making at least 4 sets, I'll pm you right before the deadline to sign up. Wish i could be certain now but I'll have to see what this next week brings. Also, a question: are you requesting any particular solid white? Would Kona White do?
Janice McC

Kona white would be fine.

Jane

Dragonfly Nana 10-01-2014 04:36 PM

Do you still have room for another swapper?