Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

brenda21 09-15-2012 04:12 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well I received my second box of goodies today from joejoe31 and it was AWESOME!!! Let me say that I love the goodies that I get every month from each of you; however; Jessica (joejoe) has been very sick and going through quite a bit, so this package that was so thoughtful was even more special. Thank you again for everything and now ya'll can enjoy the pictures:thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362979[/ATTACH]
Smarties, treats for Daisy, vacuum seal bag, sulky thread, embroidery thread, tape measure, postcard
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362980[/ATTACH]
2 Huge books of scrapbook ideas and stickers and embellishments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362981[/ATTACH]
several patterns from JoAnns, a CD with quilt patterns and nice gel pens
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362982[/ATTACH]
2 new quilt magazines that I don't have yet and some very pretty fat quarters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362983[/ATTACH]
adorable sewing machine pin cushion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362984[/ATTACH]
GORGEOUS multi yards of fabric-pics don't them justice...the paisley has glitter through it and the fall colors in it are stunning.. Thanks again Jess....HUGE HUGS!!

wanda lou 09-15-2012 04:17 PM

What a lucky lady you are Brenda.

Anastasia 09-15-2012 04:23 PM

That pincushion is too stinkin cute

SharonAnne 09-15-2012 05:24 PM

Went to JoAnn's today to buy materials for a Craftsy online class I signed up for with Lola Jenkins. I like small art type quilts. I figure long about April 2013 or 2014, I'll be ready to do the class. lol. I just had to use my 20% off of everything (incl sale items) coupon that was expiring today, so I'm all set, no matter when I begin the class. I needed Fabric Medium to set the colors from the colored pencils and several other items I had never used before. What fun. Then on the way home, I braked for a yard sale because I saw an antique sewing machine. It was a bit weathered, but was in a cabinet and the decals were fully intact. It was $50. No, I did not buy it - no place to keep it and no time to clean it up and sell it, but I sure wanted to!!! Today was shopping, tomorrow is hiking at Pebble Beach and Carmel. Weekends go fast!!!!! And tonight I MUST get crocheting on my baby afghan order before the baby arrives. Let's hope she does not deliver early.. Hope everyone here is having a great weekend, too.

Krystyna - Would you please post another photo of the fabric you are looking for? I cannot find your original post or your website address. I found some very pretty bridal veil fabric from Bridal Impressions called Ivory Heather and also White Heather, but I don't think that is what you wanted. It was $24.00 per yard, on special for $10.99 per yard and I had a 20% off coupon. Wish I had been able to contact you while I was at the store. And dumb dumb me forgot to take my camera, so I can't even show you what it looked like.

SharonAnne 09-15-2012 05:29 PM

Brenda - That sewing machine pin cushion is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!! Very creative... Lucky lady, you are (in Yoda speak).

Vanogay 09-15-2012 05:29 PM

I'm beginning to feel like the red-headed step child. No packages today. Nada, nothing, tears beginning to well up. Now it's another wait until Monday.....

fayzer 09-15-2012 06:03 PM

So many yummy packages. I can't wait until I get mine! I have been cleaning my sewing room and now I have a backache. That is what I get for having old heavy machines. I'll bet that Morse 3400 weighs 35-40 pounds. Oh the other hand......maybe I'm just getting old. At least in a few more days, I will have my sewing/painting/guest room organized. I'd hate to have someone down for a visit and lose them in that mess. I couldn't hold off cleaning one more day. Just found the original post when I first got that Morse and it weighs 44 pounds! No wonder I love my featherweight!

SEGASAL 09-15-2012 06:43 PM

Oh miss Kathleen... you just need to patient.. it will come I promise!

Jan Rutherford 09-15-2012 07:27 PM

LOVE THE SEWziNG MACHINE pincushion!!!!!
Hey everyone... i want you all to know hopw special you truely are.... i didn't sign up for sept.sp . Just have toany things on my plate since my hubby passed away in may. Few things had to be set aside. However.... i DID receive a very special Sept. SP box. IT was jammed with lots of goodies, and IT REALLY brighten my day. RAK are very meaningful.... I won't ever forget all of you who sent me many cards, and treasures of support. I just wanted to tell everyone going that extra mile for someone you don't know is very special.... God bless all of you. I plan on doing the oct. sp.... miss the fun of the whole sp activity!!!!! You know who you are that sent me the box and i am very touched by your efforts.....

gzuslivz 09-15-2012 08:43 PM

I have sent my package out. It is traveling a L-O-N-G way. Everyone is getting such awesome packages. We sure are a generous and talented bunch! Lol. I have been busy sewing baby things, clothes for my 21 and 25 year old daughters and mug rugs. I hope to work on a quilt tomorrow. I'm thankful that the weather is cooling down. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the bite in the air, all the colors and the amazing smells.