Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for Boomerang 28 Block Swap! Closes 9/10/22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-boomerang-28-block-swap-closes-9-10-22-a-t318987.html)

Janice McC 09-06-2022 11:23 AM

SBG, package went out today. Sent you tracking info.

TG, it’s a shame you’ll need to build a little stash in NH. A shame. Not! Hope you enjoy your new digs this autumn. You ought to see some amazing color! Maybe inspiration for another quilt one day.

Duckling 09-06-2022 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sewbizgirl, mailing my fabric F8 today. I may have cut too many F8's -- whoever needs to build their stash and has extra room in their box it's theirs! I was so excited to start I made my first square. Ready to start on all the "Pumpkins"!

sewbizgirl 09-06-2022 12:25 PM

Looking good, duckling! Our very first Boom block!!

TG, pretty fabric. I'll add it to the Holly pictures.

Anyone get an invitation from the board to join the Holly group or the Pumpkin group? I assume it will come in your pms.

Janice McC 09-06-2022 12:31 PM

I got an invitation but am unsure how to accept it. Perhaps I need to be on my laptop to see the whole thing?

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8565831)
Looking good, duckling! Our very first Boom block!!

TG, pretty fabric. I'll add it to the Holly pictures.

Anyone get an invitation from the board to join the Holly group or the Pumpkin group? I assume it will come in your pms.

sewbizgirl 09-06-2022 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8565832)
I got an invitation but am unsure how to accept it. Perhaps I need to be on my laptop to see the whole thing?

Ummm... probably. A couple of people have joined and show up in their groups now, so I know it's working. Terri and TG, how did you join?

terriamn 09-06-2022 12:39 PM

I was able to join Holly without problem not sure if Pumpkin worked. Said I couldn’t join then went blank

Janice I went to view pictures and was asked if I wanted to join the group I clicked on yes and became a member

sewbizgirl 09-06-2022 12:48 PM

How I shrink pictures with my computer:

I right click on my picture, and then click on "edit". That opens the picture up in Paint. On the first tab, there is an icon at the top that looks like a box on top of another box. I click on that and a little field of percentages and pixel counts opens. The percentages will all be at 100%. If you change one, they all change. I change mine to 25% usually, because the QB will only upload very small photos. Once you have it reduced you close out, and Paint will ask you if you want to save your edit. Click 'save'. Next time you use your picture it will be the reduced version.

Iphone pics are huge and always must be reduced before the QB will take them.

sewbizgirl 09-06-2022 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8565834)
I was able to join Holly without problem not sure if Pumpkin worked. Said I couldn’t join then went blank

Janice I went to view pictures and was asked if I wanted to join the group I clicked on yes and became a member

Try Pumpkin again. I think I fixed it. You should be able to join now.

Janice McC 09-06-2022 12:51 PM

The text to join was invisible on my iphone but I found it on my laptop. I'm in...

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8565833)
Ummm... probably. A couple of people have joined and show up in their groups now, so I know it's working. Terri and TG, how did you join?

sewbizgirl 09-06-2022 01:01 PM

Yay, good to hear Janice. Things are working!