Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for Boomerang 28 Block Swap! Closes 9/10/22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-boomerang-28-block-swap-closes-9-10-22-a-t318987.html)

ibex94 08-24-2022 09:57 AM

I would be crazy not to participate in Sewbizgirl's first Boom-a-thon! Count me in for the 3 month group. Great to see you all.

sewbizgirl 08-24-2022 10:48 AM

Welcome, everybody! If you haven't already, don't forget to email me with all the pertinent info asked for in the first post of this thread. My email is there, too. You aren't officially "joined" until I get that email from you. I respond to every email.

So... what fabric are you all planning to use? Once you find it, post and show us what we will be working with. Seeing pretty fabric helps with the wait! I'm going to be looking for mine today.

ibex94 08-24-2022 11:09 AM

Fabric? All mine is in Mississippi. Time for a shopping trip! Four grandsons, Four granddaughters..... I think it will be a boy quilt this round. Let's see what sings to me when I go shopping.

petthefabric 08-24-2022 11:53 AM

Hi. Sent an email. I’m willing to be put onto whichever group needs another player.

sewbizgirl 08-24-2022 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ibex, too bad you have to go fabric shopping (not!). Have fun picking out something special.

I have planned my two Boom quilts! The first will be a Quilt of Valor, for a veteran serviceperson. You will get one of the fabrics shown in my picture and will be asked to add your own similar red, white and blue fabrics to keep it patriotic.

The second will be for a child, using the vintage disney print shown. I included some possible colors to use with the print, but will remind you of them in my note. Can't wait to see what you all choose!

terriamn 08-24-2022 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am always excited when a boom starts when we are home in Minnesota, I have so much more fabric to pick through for just the right additions to showcase your fabric.

Sewbiz I have pulled out my patriotic fabric

For the 2 month group I will be sending 2 different childrens fabric. Need more blocks of the fabric I sent last boom and then a delightful children’s fabric. For the 3 month group I am sending an off white background fabric that I would like you to combine with a Southwest, Aztec,or Native American theme. The same theme that quiltingmom used last boom. Our new home in Texas will be decorated along those lines. This is a picture of the rug and the accent wall is a light teal color

So excited

sewbizgirl 08-24-2022 12:49 PM

Those sound great, Terri!

Janice McC 08-25-2022 02:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning! So happy to see so many repeat Boomers here. Makes me happy.

Here’s my fabric, a colorful pansy print. I probably won’t have any color requests other than to use what’s in the print already. Now to wash, dry and press it. Have a lovely day everyone!

travelinggramma 08-25-2022 04:13 AM

Hello from northern New Hampshire. My travels landed us at our son's new home to pet sit his awesome pitbull and two African Blue-Grays and one very loud Macaw who yells at everyone else to shut up! It was supposed to be for a month, but nothing goes smoothly for him, and it looks like we will be stagnant in this area for the rest of the year - which all means I will be able to play with you all!
Most of my stash is back in AZ as I only packed projects and the town we are in is super small, but I will locate a few LQS to do get some fabric to use on your blocks (oh my, that will mean my stash doth grow again!)

terriamn 08-25-2022 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great to see more friends names pop up in joining boom 28

Janice I love your pansies

Top fabric is more cream on cream then picture shows and it is for the 3 month group
second fabric will be the main fabric sending out for 2 month group and the last fabric is for a few more blocks to go with my boon 27 blocks