Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for Boomerang 28 Block Swap! Closes 9/10/22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-boomerang-28-block-swap-closes-9-10-22-a-t318987.html)

sewbizgirl 08-25-2022 10:23 AM

Oh I love that pansy fabric, Janice, AND that beautiful quilt in your avatar!

Funny story: I made my husband a Jacob's Ladder quilt with scrappy blues and browns. He keeps it on the bed with the plain backing side up! He says he can't see anything he lays down on the bed on the busy side! Sheesh... all that piecing.

Terri, love your fabrics. I used that same bunny fabric for clothes for the granddaughters a couple of years ago! It's super sweet.

sewbizgirl 08-25-2022 10:31 AM

OK, here's who we have so far in our swap:

2 month swap;
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Hav4boys
RebaQuilts
Travelinggramma

3 month swap:
JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone
Hav4boys
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts
Ibex94
Travelinggramma

Both Marcialee and Petthefabric have expressed interest in signing up, but I am still waiting for their emails and info. Ladies be sure to email me at [email protected] . We are filling up pretty fast.
Thanks to everyone who signed up!

sewbizgirl 08-25-2022 10:37 AM

Everyone can plan on 20 blocks per group. You will keep one for yourself and send in 19 per group for me to disperse to the other swappers. If we do not reach 20 people, we will work with some duplicates. So, if you are cutting your fabric, cut 19 F8s to send and one to make yourself.

sewbizgirl 08-25-2022 10:51 AM

Friends, I have some alarming news to share with you. Our dear friend and Boom Buddy for years and years, Libster, has been battling cancer. She has been undergoing some aggressive chemo and radiation treatment for several weeks. Soon she will have surgery, then 6 more weeks of the daily chemo and radiation. My heart is so sad and heavy at learning of this, but I know God is good and can heal her. Prayers and good thoughts are surely needed for Libster, our friend of so many Booms. I don't think I have a Boom quilt without a block or more that was made by her. I felt her friends in this group would want to know, and she told me it was ok to share.

ibex94 08-25-2022 11:21 AM

Hugs and prayers, Libster! If surgery is an option, that is good news. Keep fighting the fight! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. If we can help, we will! Your sister boomer -- ibex94/Juana

Janice McC 08-25-2022 12:55 PM

Libster, continuing hugs and best wishes as you go through this tough journey. You’re in our thoughts and prayers.

Janice McC 08-25-2022 01:01 PM

SBG, that is funny. This avatar quilt is BH’s Bear Branch. I just finished the blocks this morning so it’s time to put them together. I don’t look forward to that! They all aren’t perfectly square so the top might be a little wonky by the time I’m done. Still have an inner border and then a pieced outer border to make. Chances are good I’ll be working on it until next year.

Also, am thinking about joining the 2 month group as well. I’ll mull that for a few days and then decide.

sewbizgirl 08-25-2022 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8564321)

Also, am thinking about joining the 2 month group as well. I’ll mull that for a few days and then decide.

Oh yay, that would be excellent! The more joining the 2 month group, the better. I'd love it if we didn't have more than one repeat to make... so that means we need at least 10 for that group. Hope you decide to do it!

petthefabric 08-26-2022 06:14 AM

Hi. I’ve sent email last week and pm 2 was ago. Please check. PM me if any problems.

terriamn 08-26-2022 06:28 AM

Libster sending, love, hugs and prayers.