Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up Closed! --Rhonda's Quilt Block Swap for October - Partners Assigned (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-closed-rhondas-quilt-block-swap-october-partners-assigned-t155800.html)

Rhonda 09-28-2011 11:33 AM

thanks Shelley. I try to please but I do know I'm not going to please everyone all the time.

So if anyone wants to know my preferance is for country calico colors burgandies navy or dark blues and light blues and hunter greens and I have developed a pension for yellows lately.

But like Shelley I don't really care what you use as long as it goes together and you can see the design well. I like to see what others come up with for colors and it stretches my creativity to see others work. I have learned to appreciate batiks tho they will never be my first choice but I have enjoyed branching out.

QuilterMomma 09-28-2011 12:54 PM

Rhonda, I would like to sign up. This will be my first time doing this swap and not familiar with your techniques and blocks. I visited your site and would like to learn. I will need to know for sure the info so will read and look more.

Also, I am a blues person and I love warm fall colors. Batiks are my most favorite type of fabric next to Buggy Barn fabric colors.

Rhonda 09-28-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Rhonda, I would like to sign up. This will be my first time doing this swap and not familiar with your techniques and blocks. I visited your site and would like to learn. I will need to know for sure the info so will read and look more.

Also, I am a blues person and I love warm fall colors. Batiks are my most favorite type of fabric next to Buggy Barn fabric colors.

I'm happy to have you join us QuilterMomma! If you look at the Block directions which is how to make a Boston Block or a Kansas Dugout etc then try one out you will get the general idea of all the block constructions.

Basically you cut out 2 or 3 or 4 fabrics depending on the Block (unit)you want to make. Then sew them together in the order according to the directions for that Block and lay a template on the fabric and cut out a square from the center. soooo easy to do! Then all you need to do is make as many as you need in the colors you need and sew the squares together into a Quilt Block.

IF you need any help just let us know! We have a great bunch of ladies who are more than willing to help out!

Rhonda 09-28-2011 01:42 PM

And our list begins to GROW! LOL

please welcome tqually and QuilterMomma to our group!!

Wow we are almost up to 20! Think we can do it this month? Come ladies! Anyone who hasn't signed up let me know!

1.bloomin'Iris
2.cheryl rearick
3.klgreene
4.maggie
5.peevypat
6.Rhonda
7.sgardner
8.paintmejudy
9.PokerDiva
10.tqually
11.stitchengramie
12.TwinRiverFarm
13.BonniFeltz
14.LindaC
15.QuilterMomma

smcfadden 09-28-2011 06:22 PM

Please sign me up.

Rhonda 09-28-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by smcfadden
Please sign me up.

I'll be happy to! Glad you joined us!

Rhonda 09-28-2011 06:26 PM

And our list begins to GROW! LOL

please welcome tqually and QuilterMomma and smcfadden

Wow we are almost up to 20! Think we can do it this month? Come ladies! Anyone who hasn't signed up let me know!

1.bloomin'Iris
2.cheryl rearick
3.klgreene
4.maggie
5.peevypat
6.Rhonda
7.sgardner
8.paintmejudy
9.PokerDiva
10.tqually
11.stitchengramie
12.TwinRiverFarm
13.BonniFeltz
14.LindaC
15.QuilterMomma
16.smcfadden

smcfadden 09-28-2011 06:27 PM

Thanks! I may be PMing you for help as we go along.

I'm not picky about colors. I like nature colors, so that's a pretty big spectrum.

stitchengramie 09-29-2011 02:22 AM

I like all colors. But my favorite is all the different shades of purples.

sgardner 09-29-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Batiks are my most favorite type of fabric next to Buggy Barn fabric colors.

I'm with you that Batiks are my favorite fabric but I didn't mention them because I didn't want anyone to think they were obligated to spend that much money on this swap. When I used Batiks for several blocks, I bought them as scraps of odd sizes for a discount price at my LQS.