Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-december-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t206348.html)

Lynnie25 12-08-2012 01:38 PM

Oh Elisabrat, your posts make me laugh - I want some of your cheeriness (or your meds) :) I read QB every morning as I eat breakfast and it's a great way to start the day - that's if I make it through laughing and eating toast at the same time without choking !!!

Yay to urgodschild for being brave enough to machine quilt her Dec swap. You can do it !!!

Dabbler, hope you aren't going to burn out your sewing machine like the lefse iron or else I won't get my DQ LOL

Quercus Rubra 12-08-2012 02:23 PM

Lv2Sew I have a couple to hints for ya. ;)

This color is a clue and ballet is another.

Now That should keep ya guessing for a minute or 2. LOL

Toodles,
Tricia

Quilty-Louise 12-08-2012 03:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is my wonderful DQ that I got from NanaKathy55

And the extra goodies she sent to me.

I hung the DQ on the wall with all my others and it looks
good there too.

The small chicken is an ornament, but since I don't put up
a tree I decided to treat it as a pincushion and hang it up
with all my other handmade pincushions.

I love it all!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Kathy

Louise

[ATTACH=CONFIG]380977[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]380978[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]380979[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 12-08-2012 08:21 PM

I Can't believe I did it. I quilted it on the machine. It is very basic. Nothing fancy. Stitch in the ditch and cross X's.
Just got the binding to do which I will do tomorrow while I watch football. Then it will be ready to go into the mail.

Dragonfly Nana 12-08-2012 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my DQ for hobbykat1955 today. :) Going in Monday's mail. Sneak peak below
Now to finish my mother's quilt in time for Christmas :p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381037[/ATTACH]

Lynnie25 12-08-2012 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 5707234)
I Can't believe I did it. I quilted it on the machine. It is very basic. Nothing fancy. Stitch in the ditch and cross X's.
Just got the binding to do which I will do tomorrow while I watch football. Then it will be ready to go into the mail.

Well done, nothing wrong with stitch in the ditch, that's about all I do - well quite a lot of stitch around the ditch, stitch over the ditch, stitch alongside the ditch, etc etc.

mooretll 12-09-2012 02:08 AM

some more great looking dq's mine will be mailed out first of next week.

dabbler312 12-09-2012 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 5706569)
Dabbler, hope you aren't going to burn out your sewing machine like the lefse iron or else I won't get my DQ LOL

Oh yee of little faith - I fly by the seat of my pants when there is a deadline fast approaching, all the while wiping my brow. Nice thing about my sewing machine is I can turn up the speed if needs be - no need to worry your pretty little head that my machine will burn up before I get it done as I sew in slow speed for better control.

On another note - all my lefse was sold out within the first hour of fundraiser; if I truely need to chase down an extra buck I could easily supplement my income by selling it; truth is I'm Sloth's momma and that boy gets it from me.

Nancy in Louisiana 12-09-2012 06:23 AM

Elisabrat -- Honey, I think you need to check out some of those meds you're taking ... You're wearing me out! But with all that going on, I applaud your upbeat attitude towards it all. You go,girl!

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Beautiful quilts coming and going. Keep those pictures posted.

mooretll 12-09-2012 11:33 AM

my dq is finished and will mail out Monday.
off topic: my dear Aunt lost her battle with Cancer this morning. She was 68 she faught hard for 8 months. Please keep her four children and all her grandchildren in your prayers. we have lost four to cancer in the last year and a half. I sure do hope 2013 is a better year.