Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2012-doll-quilt-swap-closes-noon-est-may-31st-t189337.html)

Lynnie25 06-17-2012 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lookie what I received in the post today, my gorgeous little quilt from Ronda (rwquilts) and I just love it - so much detail and the crazy little blocks in the border - wow they are so small. I also got a lovely needlecase, a pretty piece of blue batik fabric and a nice card. I am feeling pretty special right now :) Thank you for being such a lovely June swap partner :)

Ronda, I posted your DQ to you right after I got yours so it's on its way and hopefully should be to you late next week (or sooner).

sewbeadit 06-17-2012 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
All of the quilts coming in for June are so beautiful and sunny and cheery and I am putting up one just like them I got from Needlegrammy, Barbara. It is a sunny beautiful DQ and needle case and I love them both. Thanks so much Needlegrammy![ATTACH=CONFIG]342817[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342818[/ATTACH]

mscupid804 06-18-2012 04:25 AM

Lynnie, gorgeous quilt, I LOVE it!

Ladybug 1938 06-18-2012 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5296614)
Rosemary, I'm not "excited" about PP either, but it's ez and convenient for BOM and DQ's. I would NEVER do a whole quilt via PPing!:shock:

Teresa I am left handed and seems evre time I try to PP I do it backwards so I gave up on it...

mscupid804 06-18-2012 05:15 AM

Rosemary, my brother's left handed too, so I kinda know what you're going thru. My parents once bought him a guitar for Christmas but forgot he was left handed so they didn't get it restrung so he never got to play it.

buslady 06-18-2012 05:32 AM

Oh, my, such wonderful eye candy!! These quilts are beautiful this month. I got Abonda's DQ done over the weekend, but will have to mail it tomorrow. MIL had back surgery 2 wks ago and I have been staying with her overnight, just in case she needs me, she is nervous about being alone, and I don't blame her! Anyway, we got up this morning and she had no power in the kitchen. Then my son called and needed daddy to come look at his truck. Well, I needed to get to work and we are down to one vehicle, so I jumped on my scooter. I didn't have room to bring all the stuff I planned on mailing today, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have had soooooo much fun with the swaps! This one is really great for me, I am trying new stuff and loving it. Oh, Abonda, I took your quilt up to show the MIL and she loved it. I left it hanging on her sofa to look at for a while. I made it clear that it would eventually go home with me, but since I am rarely home lately, she might as well enjoy it for a while. She like the one I made, too. That is always nice. Can't wait to see if you like it. Soon.

brenda21 06-18-2012 06:31 AM

The house quilt is adorable and the tumbler is really nice! Love them!

Krystyna 06-18-2012 06:33 AM

Judith, I just love your little quilt! Lucky Birdlady. It's so cheerful.

Ronda, what can I say? You absolutely knock the ball out of the park every single time. What a fabulous quilt!

Barbara, love the tumblers. Such a fresh and homey look. Love it.

I have to get to work on mine. Still sitting and pondering. At this rate I'm going to ponder myself clear into July!

BuzzinBumble 06-18-2012 06:50 AM

I am so impressed! You all really raise the bar!
Judith you picked perfect fabrics and i love how you turned this block into a kite quilt!
Ronda - those are lucky little birds living in a crazy log cabin bird house!
Barbara - how perfect to use those fabrics in a tumbler quilt! It looks like they were made for it!

Onalee you have been having a crazily packed couple of weeks - it's amazing that you got your quilt finished! Hope your MIL recovers well and fast!

BuzzinBumble 06-18-2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 5296497)
Lara, are you referring to PPing... I sure don't and don't really like doing it.. Now I love to hand applique where most of you machine applique...

I am a handsewing chicken, especially so when it comes to applique. Just tried my first machine applique though. I admire anyone who hand sews and can do so neatly.
But no.... I wasn't referring to Paper Piecing... I was exercising my juvenile sense of humor. :o (Don't they have a more embarrassed looking smiley face than this?)