Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Ms Grace 05-29-2013 04:31 AM

Jaba,
Glad you will join us.:)

luvstoquilt 05-29-2013 05:55 AM

Krystyna I feel your pain on the vet bill...after Katie and Angel died I didn't get another dog because it is so expensive to keep them safe, fed and well. It is just Mr. Peach and me now and he eats me out of house and home!

So glad for all of the new doll quilters...how I wish I had a stack of 45 of them! Such fun to make. I am planning on a primitive this month but it is 33" long...I need to get my partner before I make it to make sure she will be ok with the oversized length!

PS..blame it on lisalisa..she sent me the pattern!!!! It is adorable!

Psychomomquilter 05-29-2013 09:00 AM

about the mermaidss, was this an older one on Discovery? I did see the one about the "body on the beach" and there wewre about four or five other ones, are these the same ones you are discussing?? and who is to say that there aren't any? hey we havent discovered the ocean depths yet. also a lot of other places too..

Ms Grace 05-29-2013 09:03 AM

I've picked out the fabric for my little quilt.
I don't care for the brighter reds & blues, so I'm going with a barn reddish & slate blue color.:thumbup:

createfourpaws 05-29-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6091125)
Just a wall hanging size Krystyna. My first fracture block, pain in the you know what 1/8" seam, but I'm kind of hooked on them now. They are so fun to make with the right fabric and pattern. Thank you for noticing.

I love the fractured blocks as well and yes I agree with you about the 1/8 in seam. I have one I just need to finish the binding. I have fabric to do another one, just haven't gotten to it yet.

tracibug 05-29-2013 12:54 PM

Thank you, ladies... It is an honor to serve and I miss it daily.

And thank you for the positive wishes and prayers, change is coming slowly but I had to let go and look up for it to happen. Hugs to all...

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6088935)
That goes for me as well, Tracibug! Thank you so very much.

lisalisa 05-29-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6089893)
I need my partner asap...I want to make something that is a bit larger...like 22X33...It is adorable and lisalisa sent me the pattern!

I have to share a story here...lisalisa was my partner in the May swap and she sent me the most outrageously crazy quilt and I love, love it! I took it over to show my 95 yr old mom who is now in Hospice and quilts are something she is still knows and loves. She couldn't quit looking at it and touching it. I asked her if she would like to keep it for a few days and she was so thrilled. She took it downstairs for breakfast to show it to her friends...they are all wheelchair bound and they all just love it. I got it back yesterday because she thinks someone will steal it but it gave her so much pleasure. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart, lisa.

that's so nice. *sniffles*. I know people wonder why on earth you would work so hard on some thing just to turn around and give it away to someone you hardly know. This is exactly why! The universe has a bigger plan.

sorry I have to sit this one out. work beckons.

paperpieceme 05-29-2013 02:12 PM

almost totally missed this thread. hope i am not too late.

Linny 05-29-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6092644)
almost totally missed this thread. hope i am not too late.

I think Krystyna said the list comes out on Saturday, so you should be good to go.

luvstoquilt 05-30-2013 06:13 AM

Krystyna I hope your birthday was filled with love and laughter! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead...you are so deserving, my friend! Hugs!