Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 06-26-2013 07:27 AM

Mini Swap

3 Attachment(s)
Skaduzy sent me the cutest little mini -- plus matching coasters -- plus a refridgerator magnet that says it all! The quilting she did on the mini makes me envious of her skill -- loops with stars every so often. Reminds me of streamers and fireworks. Fantastic work! Thank you so much, and thanks for being my partner.

Cogito 06-26-2013 07:34 AM

Nancy and skaduzy, darling, darling little quilt! Love this swap. :)

Cogito 06-26-2013 07:35 AM

I posted this on the new swap but didnt know if i should post it here too. Hope its ok, off topic:
Ok, I'm putting a plea out....I have only recently learned of the wonderful things you can do with selveges, and oh what wonderful things one can do! I have been bitten bad and just realized it will take me forever to collect enough selveges to make anything of any size! :shock: So I am pleading to my doll quilt friends...if you have selveges and don't use them, will you share with me? I will gladly pay postage. Feel free to pm me. Who knows, maybe you will see it in one of my upcoming doll quilts

BuzzinBumble 06-26-2013 08:01 AM

Oh my goodness (Ooftah) Skaduzy! Nancy you are a lucky girl - that looks beautiful on your table! The matching coasters are adorable and the quilt itself is so pretty! I wish I could quilt like that. Practice practice practice.

Cogito - yup those selvage projcts look so cool. Don't have any or I would send them to you. I'll try to start saving them again.

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-26-2013 08:07 AM

Really nice quilt Skaduzy made. Nancy it looks great on your table.

QuilterMomma 06-26-2013 09:36 AM

It is really adorable. I have it at my office on top of the filing cabinet by the window. You see it going in and out of the door.

that is a nice quilt skaduzy. Love it and the coasters are special.

I won't be doing the July swap because of other obligations I need to do first, but hopefully join in again in August. Great little DQs ladies. It is a spectacular Fourth of July celebrations.
Oh, another tidbit. I pulled mine from last years swap with urgodschild and hung it up in the office as well. Love showing these beauties off.

Krystyna 06-26-2013 01:46 PM

Sue (Sjkaduzy) what a fabulous little quilt and coasters! Lucky Nancy! They look fabulous on your table!

CogNEETO - I promised the current batch to my darling friend, RWQuilts, but I'll start on a new one for you!

Mamaskeeto 06-26-2013 02:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just got my DQ from Krisb today and I just love it. Thank You, Thank You, Thanks You. This was my first time doing this swap and I had way too much fun! There are 3 pictures the first is of the full quilt, the second is a close up of Lady Liberty made with thread - yea, can you say "WOW" and the last is the backing with the label.
Krisb should be getting her DQ today if USPS tracking is correct. I hope she likes what I made as much as I like hers.
I'm originally for the east coast (NJ) so have been to the statue so many times. My grandfather come through Ellis Island as a small boy from Scottland.

Thanks Kris for being a great swap partner.

Oh. by the way the fireworks are also made from thread.

QuilterMomma 06-26-2013 02:32 PM

That is cool, go Lady Liberty, you have now been imprinted forever in fabric. Nice job!

luvstoquilt 06-26-2013 02:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great quilts...Speaking of which..feast your eyes on what Annaquilts sent me! It was in my mailbox when I got home a few minutes ago...I absolutely LOVE it..Anna you are really a master quilter!!!! It is just so pretty..thanks for being my partner!