Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

BuzzinBumble 06-22-2013 10:43 AM

This is the most wonderful group of ladies! Createfourpaws I am so glad you feel better now. Wow the quilts you and gaiatender made for each other in May are over the top wonderful! A big Oofdah for the gorgeous crazy quilts in May!

BertieD 06-22-2013 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cogito, it came today! I will try to post a picture and I do apologize for the poor quality. My camera is only one more thing I don't know how to operate ;)[ATTACH=CONFIG]420529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420531[/ATTACH]
She sent me the best RWB quilt ever! I absolutely love it. She also sent me a bag to keep it in with my name in a see-thru window for it. I couldn't get a good picture of the label but her label is awesome, too. Thanks for my bracelet (? or scissors fob) my cutter and the seeds. You were too good to me but I ain't returning a thang! TYVM! (BIG GRIN)

Cogito 06-22-2013 12:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bertie,
So glad you liked your gifties! So, what I had mentioned in my letter....I backed your quilt in the Iowa State Shop Hop fabric since you said your dh was from Iowa and you loved Iowa......that fabric sold out within hours of the start of the hop so you are special! :) The scissor fob as I explained was supposed to have a pair of embroidery scissors with it and it was too late that I realized I didn't have an extra set to put with the fob! I was so stressed about our TV AND our 5 year old GE Profile refrigerator needing to be replaced that I even forgot to take pictures of the fob. Could you please take a photo of the fob and post it? I like to keep a record of the things I make and I have only made 2 fobs...one for you and one for the secret pal swap, so really wanted a photo...cant believe I forgot! I am posting additional pics for folks hope they don't mind the repeats.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420537[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420538[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420539[/ATTACH]

Cogito 06-22-2013 12:33 PM

I was blessed with two partners this month, so I will be sending the 2nd RWB quilt to Gaijin when it is completed. Just wanted you to know Gaijin that yours is coming in another week (or I should say I am sending).......

Cogito 06-22-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6137115)
Cindy, I am so sorry for not clarifying that it was her second partner. You did send her a beautiful quilt in May. It was so thoughtless of me not to make that clear and I hope that you will forgive me for my error in judgement. You are such a valued member of our group and I never, ever want to cause you any hurt or anger due to my stupid oversight. Please accept my heartfelt apology and don't leave us! I feel awful.

Krystyna,
You do an absolute fabulous job as hostess! We are all human....that being said I have to mention that when I read the previous posts regarding the missing doll quilts my immediate realizations were:
1. She must have had 2 partners this month ( I judged that by the wording Krystyna used even if it wasn't immediately obvious
2. There is no way it would be createfourpaws she is talking about because she has been active and has been participating wonderfully.

So.....createfourpaws....I am so sorry this was upsetting to you. I am sure I would have felt the same had I been in your shoes and not realized the fact of 2 partners. And Krystyna, I have been participating on several swaps in QB and I want to emphasize again you do a fabulous job and I am sure I speak for everyone on this board swap that we so appreciate you!!!!!!!

I do still think it is important to "call out" those that are not abiding by the very few, generous rules that we have. When those who sign up do not follow these simple rules it is disrespectful to the entire swap group and jeopardizes future swaps. therefore I wholeheartedly support what you do Krystyna. It was just an unfortunate misunderstanding in this instance. :)

createfourpaws 06-22-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6137355)
Krystyna,
You do an absolute fabulous job as hostess! We are all human....that being said I have to mention that when I read the previous posts regarding the missing doll quilts my immediate realizations were:
1. She must have had 2 partners this month ( I judged that by the wording Krystyna used even if it wasn't immediately obvious
2. There is no way it would be createfourpaws she is talking about because she has been active and has been participating wonderfully.

So.....createfourpaws....I am so sorry this was upsetting to you. I am sure I would have felt the same had I been in your shoes and not realized the fact of 2 partners. And Krystyna, I have been participating on several swaps in QB and I want to emphasize again you do a fabulous job and I am sure I speak for everyone on this board swap that we so appreciate you!!!!!!!

Yes Krystana does an excellent job. I grateful for her being a excellent hostess. Yes we are all humans, and all has be corrected.

My biggest mistake was not waiting before venting on the board. I am here and will be happy to help in anyway possible.

Cogito 06-22-2013 12:52 PM

Cindy, no worries. we all love you as a part of our "team" and teams stick together. :)

createfourpaws 06-22-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6137373)
Cindy, no worries. we all love you as a part of our "team" and teams stick together. :)

Thank you.

BuzzinBumble 06-22-2013 01:49 PM

In the words of the great Smokey Robinson: "I second that emotion"!

Krystyna 06-22-2013 01:53 PM

Yep to all of the above. Love ya, Cindy!

Still not getting messages about this thread! :mad: I think I have to unsub and then sub again. Or something.

Cogito, what a fabulous little quilt and goodies! The Iowa fabric is delightful! Lucky Bertie!

Well, my darling partner, Lara (BuzzinBumble) received her little quilt and the other "thing" I made and was happy. Yay! I'll wait for her to post pix.