Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

BuzzinBumble 06-16-2013 02:49 PM

Jan that is too funny about where your cheesehead name came from. My DH went to Wisconsin and came home with one of those cheese heads after attending a Packers game with friends. It was nice for him to cheer on a winning team for once, being that he is a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan. LOL

Sharon, as long as you watch out where you do any spitting, I think you can safely practice. I am sometimes quite tempted. One of the nice things I've found about growing older is I feel freer to just be who I am, eccentricities and all. That's why I love that poem.

Krystyna 06-16-2013 04:39 PM

Hi Ladies! I was wondering why I wasn't getting any messages. Weird. So I checked and what a bunch.

Speaking of spitting ... I miss sitting on my porch with my son when he was little having watermelon seed spitting contests. Of course he would spit gobs of watermelon out with the seed and his t-shirt would be a mess and became the official spitting shirt.

Some sad news - Handi's mom passed. Prayers for her and for Handi in this sad time.

Krystyna 06-16-2013 05:21 PM

Well, since my husband has been working tons of overtime and is now sound asleep to get ready for the midnight shift ... I had some time on my hands ... so ... :p

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post6126313

Please pay special attention to the instructions under THEME :D

Lynnie25 06-16-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6125963)
Thanks Lynnie, the avatar was designed for me by a friend on another forum. A Cheesehead is a Wisconsin thing, it's the dairy state and home of the Green Bay Packers. If you have ever seen a football game in Green Bay, you will see many of the fans wearing these foam cheese shaped wedges on their heads.

Jan

I have never watched American football games but might have to check out these 'cheesy' fans :) What is it about football fans that makes them wear weird attire - it's the same here in Australia with our Aussie rules football games, which I love but do show a little bit of decorum when I go to watch a game - just a scarf or jacket in my favourite team's colours.

tesspug 06-17-2013 08:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quiltymom sent me this beauty. I love the fabric choice and how well she placed it. And the sewing kit is perfect for my RV.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419554[/ATTACH]

tesspug 06-17-2013 09:07 AM

I always loved that poem. Someone gave it to me and I have it hanging in the hallway. My mom lived with us for 5 years. It was very hard at times, but I have some very sweet memories of her. She loved pickle and peanut butter sandwiches. If we went to a fast food place she ordered french fries and a chocolate shake. My friend told her that wasn't a healthy meal. She said, at my age, who cares.

BuzzinBumble 06-17-2013 09:29 AM

Handi I am sorry about your Mom passing and will say a prayer for you and your family.

Tesspug i like your Mom's philosophy of eating. My Grandma used to say much the same thing. It's funny about the pickle and peanut butter sandwiches. Were they sweet pickels? My daughter likes peanut butter and green olive. ;)

quiltymom that is a really neat quilt - tesspug is right about the placement of the fabrics making it look great!

luvstoquilt 06-17-2013 11:40 AM

Handi I am so sorry about your loss. Prayers are with you!

Lara I don't know about spitting but my last silkie, Katie, used to get out sometimes and I have been known to run after her in my nightgown...I told her many times it wasn't so bad when I was in my 50's but at 70 people start to talk! Now it is Peach I run after if he "bolts"...I have learned to never open the door unless I am totally dressed!

Tesspug..love your mom's ideas! My dad loved peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches..also loved celery stuffed with peanut butter. I hadn't thought of that in years..thanks for that sweet memory!

My quilt is all wrapped up for Annaquilts and I guess I must have deleted the message with her address. Sometimes I wonder about myself!

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-17-2013 03:14 PM

Tesspug Love the quilt you got from quiltymom, so very cute.

berryberry 06-17-2013 03:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have to share with you what I found. It's a picture of the doll quilt my mom made me back in the early 60's. It was well used and loved. Can anybody identify the fabric? Special treasure for sure.