Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Cogito 06-25-2013 05:06 AM

[QUOTE=Krystyna;6141558]So ...

The first thing I saw when I opened the box were two GINORMOUS bags of labels! I think Lara must have gone cruising the mall with scissors. Mama mia! I'm ready to stitch! I honestly got teary eyed over them. It was overwhelming!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420915[/ATTACH]

THEN I saw that she sent along a marvelous book Small Quilts ... which I will dive into later tonight ... more waterworks ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420916[/ATTACH]

Krystyna, I have this book and I love it! Lara, your package to K is fantabulous! Love the camper and the postcard, etc. are way too cool. Such a hoot! Crystal doorknob on the camper? Now you are "really uptown"! Wonder where that saying came from...anyone know?

BuzzinBumble 06-25-2013 06:37 AM

Uptown Girl Cogito - I don't know, but Billy Joel used it so it is good enough for us. LOL
I found that book at a garage sale and snapped it up knowing it would make a great add on for somebody here.
That is neat that you got your ID from Cogito ergo sum. My hubby used to have a t-shirt that said "Cogito ergo spud... I think, therefore I yam"

Chasezzz I avoided applique like crazy until my first time here on the swap. When Kris B told me what I had made for her was broderie perse, i thought "Well I'll be. I did applique." (I had to look up what broderie perse was. LOL)
I am sure needle turned in another matter entirely. My hand sewing is not a thing of beauty.

Confession: I am a little scared about next month's quilt theme, but game to give it a try. I Love house quilts... hmmm. Maybe that can be "where I live"?

Bertie the zigzag trees were cut from one piece of zigzaggy fabric. Whenever you can, let the fabric do the work!
And I guess it does look like the package went on and on - but the labels were not part of the swap stuff. It just took me a long time to mail Krystyna's earlier request for labels since she lost all hers in the flood.
Krystyna I am so curious about what you plan to do with clothing labels.

Ronda - I second what Krystyna just said! I hope you come back! You are a wonderful swap member :thumbup:

Krystyna 06-25-2013 06:57 AM

Lara, I love your husband's shirt. He sounds like a lot of fun. Nothing like "intellectual" chuckles IMHO.
I had to look up broderie perse, too, so you're in good company.
Re: house quilts - EQBoutique is a free program and one of their free downloadable sets are houses!
But, my darling quilty friend ... you can applique quite well ... and yarn makes lovely hair ... OR ... just a weird idea, if you underlay a good hair colored fabric below your background fabric you can do the stitch and slash technique for hair. Facial features, too, now that I think of it.

jillnjo 06-25-2013 07:12 AM

Wonderful quilts! I love, love the backing fabric on the camper quilt. Of course, the front is super, too! :thumbup: The little doorknob is amazing.

Nancy in Louisiana 06-25-2013 08:26 AM

So much detail on the little camper quilt. Had to chuckle since when I was young we would go camping over the 4th in a little trailer similar to that one, only turquoise and white. Even had the little silver wings on the back. Good memories ... so you see? Your gift is still giving!

Grandma Di 06-25-2013 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what I just recieved from createfourpaws, It is so pretty. Cindy you do such beautiful work. [ATTACH=CONFIG]421059[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 06-25-2013 09:30 AM

Cindy, so nice! Love your fabric choices.
Nancy, I never got to camp in a camper. I think I'd love it ... if it had air conditioning!!!

Arghhh!!! Back to work. Bad, Krystyna! My son stopped over for a surprise visit and somehow got me off track looking at videos of Bob Ross feeding a baby squirrel. Now we are having a bark fest since the complex is painting the halls and Miss Daisy Mae does not think they should be there!!!

BuzzinBumble 06-25-2013 10:05 AM

Cindy, Love the swirly design and colors of the fabrics on the mini you made!

Nancy in L - we had a Shasta camper too. Always loved them. They should make all cars and campers with wings or tail fins...LOL

Now if you'd like to see my inspiration from way back last September when jillnjo was my partner, click this link. Ever since I saw it I wanted to make a camper quilt too. Nancy, as I said last year, I love the quilts on the line and all the wonderful details:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...21-311057.html

Krystyna 06-25-2013 11:01 AM

Oh! Jilnjo's little quilt! Wonderful!

TOOMANYUFO'S 06-25-2013 11:43 AM

The camper quilt is just awesome. Love, love love it!!!
I sent my little quilt in the mail today. Wow and not even the last day of the month.