Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up March 2013 43rd Doll Quilt Swap - A Little Bit of Green (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-march-2013-43rd-doll-quilt-swap-little-bit-green-t214195.html)

Lv2sew2011 03-17-2013 11:08 PM

Another Great DQ!
Donna

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5932101)
Had a nice surprize this morning, my doll quilt from Cuppy arrived. Not only did the quilt arrive but a whole bunch of goodies. My cup runneth over! LOVE the quilt. My family room has old oak antiques and this quilt will find a special place in that room! If I was 6" tall I would just curl up in it and have sweet dreams. Thanks, Cuppy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402040[/ATTACH]

luvstoquilt 03-18-2013 06:17 AM

Nancy and Sapphire...do love that little quilt and pin cushion. We have snow today...where is Spring?

urgodschild2 03-18-2013 06:56 AM

Ok after bible study today, I will put my signature on the back of my quilt and then mail it home.

buslady 03-18-2013 09:43 AM

Well, Sapphire, I have to ask, are you hooked? You do beautiful work! That pin cusion is beautiful. Another one for my bucket list. I mailed my DQ to Annaquilts on Friday and it came right back to me on Saturday. I am going to a different PO this afternoon and fine out what I did wrong. I printed the postage from postage.com and they say it is wrong. I have gone back in and cannot figure it out. I don't trust the gal I usually get at the local, she is not real friendly and won't put herself out for you. I paid 15.99 per month for the online cause it has, so far, saved me that much per month on what the po tells me. This is a large bubble envelope and she is saying it is over $10 for postage. On line was just over $3, which is closer to what I have paid for similar in the past. Grrrrrrrrr!! Leaving work early today to go see my ortho guy, now my left shoulder seems to be acting up.

dabbler312 03-18-2013 11:58 AM

Onalee when I went to the post office to mail something out last week I was told if it's a larger envelope and over a certain weight amount it has to go priority mail - needless to say what used to cost me six - seven dollars now costs a flat twelve; when they had their last rate increase they had a few package rate adjustments as well.

Jean D 03-18-2013 03:25 PM

I wanted to let "just a quilter ;" know that her march doll quilt is finished, boxed up and on its way! I did send her a pm but just in case....chilly brrrr cold here in Iowa!

Nancy in Louisiana 03-18-2013 04:38 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one have post office issues. For a long time the clerk at our local po was so friendly and helpful and always gave advice on the cheapest way to send things. She retired, and the one we have now was probably sent over from the Motor Vehicle Office. She tried to tell me that it was going to cost over $3 to send ONE block in a manilla 5x7 envelope that used to only cost me barely a dollar to send. When I questioned she went very defensive and tried to embarass me in front of a long line of people (four stations, but only one clerk ever there). They keep trying to close that branch. Aren't the Civil Service people supposed to be working FOR the public, not against them?

Sapphire_Rae 03-18-2013 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received my DQ from nancy in louisiana today. Oh my goodness, it is absolutely gorgeous! We went with more of a spring theme and she put on handmade flowers, and there's pretty bright pink, orange, yellow, green and check out the basket!! She put the stripes going different directions to look like it really is weaved. My picture doesn't do the brightness justice. She's talented, but somehow I think you all already know that.

Buslady, yes i am hooked! I plan to join next month, woo hoo! :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words, you are a great group. I am glad I took the leap and jumped in. Nancy, special thanks to you for being a great partner.

Happy Cat Quilter 03-18-2013 05:30 PM

I just love that little quilt with a bit of green! It is absolutely gorgeous :)

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5924118)
Cuppy has received the quilt I made for her. If you want to view it just hit the blogspot site beneath this...it was fun to make.

Happy Cat Quilter 03-18-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5926414)
Look at this! Isn't it the cutest quilt you have ever seen? Not only that, Needlegranny included candy and fabric. I am totally blown away. Thank you so much. I sort of think I am in over my head but will likely try again. Thanks again, Barbara. I wish you lived next door! I could learn a lot from you for sure!

The quilt and Barbara are amazing! I am fortunate to be in the same guild and frequent the same quilt shop as she, when I grow up I want to be like her :)