Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up March 2013 43rd Doll Quilt Swap - A Little Bit of Green (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-march-2013-43rd-doll-quilt-swap-little-bit-green-t214195.html)

wanda lou 03-16-2013 11:12 AM

very cute.

Wardy74 03-16-2013 02:09 PM

oh that is so cute. I managed to do a bit more quilting on mine today

eagleoneowl2u2 03-16-2013 05:43 PM

I am going to be mailing my DQ that I made for Quiltymom, Sue, I made the block and was getting it attached to the backing and when I was looking at it I did not like what I was seeing, it was just plain and dull, so I decided to do some hand drawing and sewing on the parts of the block that were dull, well when Sue gets it and she gives me permission I will post before and after pictures of it so everyone can see it. Well hope all you ladies have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Nancy in Louisiana 03-17-2013 07:56 AM

DQ from Sapphire_Rae

2 Attachment(s)
(Drum roll.... Bugles.... Flags waving....) Introducing ... first time swapper Sapphire_Rae!

Check out this little beauty. Lynda says this is her first time in the swap, and I was more than lucky to have her as a partner. We decided on going with a "springy" theme not tied into any particular holiday so that we could display the quilts for a longer time. She not only captured spring, but managed to slip in a little shamrock in honor of St. Pat! She also included an adorable pin cushion with jeweled pins and a petal-shaped yo-you maker (one I actually did NOT have - yay!!) The pin cushion is now mounted on my big Brother embroidery machine - not for use, but to remind me of Sapphire_Rae's skill and generosity. Thank you so much.

Nancy in Louisiana 03-17-2013 07:57 AM

OK - you did your morning neck exercise for today - sorry. It flipped back on me somewhere between there and here. Will try harder next time.

Lynnie25 03-17-2013 11:47 AM

What a beauty!! It was worth the morning neck exercise :) Well done Sapphire_Rae

rwquilts 03-17-2013 12:18 PM

Nancy, your DQ from Sapphire is gorgeous! I see some paper piecing in there too. What a cute little pin cusion! I agree with Lynnie it's well worth the neck exercise! :)

letsquilt 03-17-2013 02:20 PM

Oh how cute,love the quilt and the pincushion is so cute!

Krystyna 03-17-2013 07:45 PM

All the quilts coming in are just adorable! Love that pin cushion!

Lv2sew2011 03-17-2013 11:06 PM

How cute and great job!
Donna

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5934219)
(Drum roll.... Bugles.... Flags waving....) Introducing ... first time swapper Sapphire_Rae!

Check out this little beauty. Lynda says this is her first time in the swap, and I was more than lucky to have her as a partner. We decided on going with a "springy" theme not tied into any particular holiday so that we could display the quilts for a longer time. She not only captured spring, but managed to slip in a little shamrock in honor of St. Pat! She also included an adorable pin cushion with jeweled pins and a petal-shaped yo-you maker (one I actually did NOT have - yay!!) The pin cushion is now mounted on my big Brother embroidery machine - not for use, but to remind me of Sapphire_Rae's skill and generosity. Thank you so much.