Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up March 2013 43rd Doll Quilt Swap - A Little Bit of Green (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-march-2013-43rd-doll-quilt-swap-little-bit-green-t214195.html)

urgodschild2 03-07-2013 04:27 PM

My doll quilt top is done mostly green too. LOL. Been on Jury duty yesterday and today and then tomorrow going on a quilt run with friends. Probably will get to layer the Ό and start quilting it this weekend.

urgodschild2 03-07-2013 04:53 PM

Mailing internationally. From the USA it depends on what you put the item in. If it is in a box it can cost more then putting it in an envelop. When I mail packages to my gk in Australia i use a regular box. If I buy the special boxes at the post office the postage will be sufficiently higher. For example...at Valentines day I sent their cards and candy in a box. The candy made the box weight more. If I put it in the express box or the other one....can't think of the name the charge would have been over $70. For $10 dollars worth of merchandise. But sending it in a regular box it was only $33. Quite a difference. You might wonder why I didn't send the money but they don't celebrate Valentine day like we do here and so the candy does not exist. Conversation hearts. When I send my DQ it cost me under $10 to send in a squishy envelop. So it is wise to check it all out and see what is cheaper. I had a really neat PO worker who would tell me which was less expensive but she has retired. SIGH. I always send their holiday cards in one envelop because once I sent them separately and the youngest did not get his unitl three days after the older ones. Lots of sad feelings over that. so they all go together.

Krystyna 03-07-2013 07:47 PM

Finished the FMQing on my little quilt. I know I have to make a label ... but I don't feel like it.

buslady 03-08-2013 06:26 AM

K, you are soooo funny!! Sometimes we just don't "feel like it", do we. DGKs came over last night, so no sewing for me. It was a good thing. as Martha would say. I did look at the pattern I am thinking of using, new to me technique, and of course I am trying to make it do something "different". Sewing with group tomorrow! Will finish my America the Beautiful top, I hope! Well, the center anyway. It is coming along nicely, and i just love it.

paperpieceme 03-08-2013 06:35 AM

received my quilt yesterday from Linda and it is beautiful! green and purple with teddy bears and beautiful fancy stitching! Thank you Linda! i am so excited to be here! some day i am going to figure out how to post pics, maybe this weekend

Krystyna 03-08-2013 06:35 AM

Onalee, guess what I'm doing right now? Yep. A label. Sometimes I work so intensely on something that by the time I get to the end I just want to give up. Hope you post pix of the American the Beautiful top!

Krystyna 03-08-2013 12:57 PM

Back to the subject of quilt labels. I used to have some of the most adorable quilt label panels. But, like so many other things, they're gone. I can't find any cute ones. Anyone have a lead?
After my labeling adventure today - fusable web didn't stick, then I couldn't thread the needle, then the needles all got stuck in the holder cockeyed and -- pressing on nonetheless -- I sewed it on upside down!
BUT ... I got my quilt from Tulip and it is wonderful!!! Pix soon.

Needlegrammy 03-08-2013 05:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I received my doll quilt from LUVES TO QUILT! Its absolutely gorgous!!! I love it! The little blocks are 1 1/2" sqs. and hand applique on... The flowers are also hand applique with little beads and the quilt is hand quilted.
Sharon,Thank you sew much.[ATTACH=CONFIG]400575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]400576[/ATTACH]

TOOMANYUFO'S 03-08-2013 06:40 PM

Wow! What a beautiful little quilt. I think I saw that on the cover of a quilt mag. It always appealed to me. Great Job!

Difergie 03-08-2013 07:08 PM

That is really cute!!