Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

TOOMANYUFO'S 05-01-2013 05:07 PM

I may be fast contacting my partner, but I am probably the last to send my quilt. 1930s sounds fun. I must have 150-180 1930 prints in my stash. I plan on starting a quilt with them this fall. I certainly am not perfect, in fact I had to redo some of the April spring quilt at the last minute and still wish I had done some things differently. I am going to try some new things from time to time and I am sure they won't be perfect the first time, but that is how we learn. As long as we keep trying and do our best, and we give something that we are proud of and wouldn't mind receiving ourselves, then that is all that matters.

Krystyna 05-01-2013 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by StephT (Post 6038414)
Now how do I find my partner? I did find who I am partnered up with and I checked all of these posts and she has not posted. Now I am supposed to PM her..Help :o

Scroll all the way up to the top of this page. Look at the right where it says Private Messages. Click on it. Put her name in there and send away. Let us know if you have any problems ... I am so drugged up right now waiting for the dentist on Friday, I don't know if I'll be much help.

mrsmck 05-01-2013 10:29 PM

LjDugas31 and I have been in contact...sooo excited to start

KimmieH 05-02-2013 07:38 AM

I like 30's too.......but actually making something with them would mean i need to cut into them! :::gasp:::::

skaduzy 05-02-2013 08:00 AM

Lynnie25 and I have connected! She's already started so I better get to work.....:thumbup:

Jean D 05-02-2013 09:09 AM

Now about this 30's fabric-I thought the little stash I was squirreling away was a lot-but 150 to 180 kinds-oh my!
I stopped at one of my favorite quilt stores last week and she said they would be getting in the Darlene Zimmerman 30's prints, the whole line soon! Uh-oh I better get busy, gonna need some more!

BertieD 05-02-2013 10:22 AM

I sent AlaskaAlice a PM regarding May's swap.

Thank you, Sharon, for the kind words about my April mini, Sunbonnet Sue and the Golden Rule, haha. I think my partner liked it -- she didn't send it back!

BertieD 05-02-2013 10:27 AM

Someone tell me again how I can Bookmark this page. I've tried at least 6-10 times to add it to my Bookmarks and then I can never find it! Arggggghhhh!

QuiltingKrazyRobin, I hope everything goes well for your bone marrow operation. Hugs and get well soon!

Krystyna 05-02-2013 11:44 AM

Bertie, go to the top of this page over the title of the thread. Click on "Thread Tools" then click on subscribe to thread. Select the notification you'd like and then scroll down to click on SAVE. (Were you afraid to PM me? :p )

Crazy Quiltin Robin 05-02-2013 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last May there were some beautiful little crazy quilts ..... I believe the crazy quilt idea was awesome because it puts the quilter outside there comfort zone and teaches them to create ..... I come from a long line of Crazy Quilters ..... last year we heard comments about how much fun it was to work in a different way than normal .... sometimes going outside the box starts the creative juices flowing .... all you ladies should give it a try .... the beautiful thing about crazy quilting is it don't have to be perfect .... IT JUST HAS TO BE WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE .... my partner made a beautiful little quilt and used every stitch on her machine and I love it .... it was her modern device version of a crazy quilt it was so pretty ....... if I wasn't going to be in the hospital I would be here in a heart beat .... no matter how you work anyone can make a crazy quilt different colored thread and machine stitching ...... hand stitching .... go with it and have fun with it ....... missin you guys ....getting shots every day now to make the stem cells grow .... will be watching and loveing the swap this month.... the pic is of my crazy quilt I got last year from JillnJo (Nancy) all done on machine its adorable .....