Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-november-2012-doll-quilt-swap-thanksgiving-im-thankful-t203738.html)

Linny 11-10-2012 12:47 PM

Talent abounds here.....so much fun seeing all the great quilts this month.

Elisabrat 11-10-2012 07:56 PM

If you havent got your flu shot or pneumonia shot yet I think this is a tough year and maybe its not such a bad idea. I am so sorry to hear of all of you getting so sick. I hereby issue a direct edict THERE WILL BE NO MORE GETTING SICK in this group. PERIOD. there that should work. i failed at sewing today. Very bad plan. maybe tomorrow right?

NanaKathy55 11-11-2012 04:27 AM

Needlegrammy..I did paint the eyes and put the blush on with paint also
Thanks
Kathy

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy (Post 5637506)
urgodchild2, What a lovely Harvest quilt. I love the colors you chose .

Nanakathy55, Love your turkey!!! Did you hand paint his eyes?

Psychomomquilter 11-11-2012 05:02 AM

I did go to the doctor, got prescriptions for this cough, and with the insight, I did get a flu shot. Because this cold /cough is holding on big time. I am not crazy about taking a flu shot, but considering this cough has been with me for a month, thought it a very good idea this time to get the flu shot. and if some of you are leary of that shot, I am too. but I don't want any kind of flu to hit me like this cough!! so do think about it.

Elisabrat 11-11-2012 06:39 AM

Hey I was able to sew one strip on the border this morning. shooting for four strips. big hot plan right? my arm is disagreeing with the whole idea but one strip at a time might be sneaky enough it doesnt kill me. too unfun this not sewing baloney. I use it to destress, bring pleasure and color to my day. Now i am baking pine cones today. does that sound like a blast or what? it kills the critters inside before you craft them. also the eggs.. bet you didnt think about the eggs last time you brought a bunch inside. ewww. I dont care for critters much inside. run free.. outside. do I know how to have fun or what? question is what the heck do i do with the ones that flop over onto my cookie sheet? ahhh

mooretll 11-11-2012 10:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thought you Ladies might want to see some pics from my Hippie party. It was a blast!!
The first pic is my Brother-in-law,Daughter and Sister-in-law.
The next pic is myself and my Husband
The third pic is The cake my Daughter-in-law made me.
The fourth pic is my little flower child Hannah my grandaughter.

Tam...Moo 11-11-2012 05:39 PM

How fun! So glad you shared the pictures...looks like a great party!

marytoddliz 11-11-2012 08:26 PM

Such cute pictures! love the hippy pants!Your granddaughter is so cute!

My quilt top is finished, now I am quilting it! Decided to do it with the machine, it goes faster and usually looks better!

We have cold weather here, thank goodness for the electric blanket in my sewing room. I have a twin bed in here, hubby is still at the job site in Orange County, and I am home with the cats.

I haven't a clue how to turn the furnace on. I will check it out tomorrow. The furnace is in the basement, I have to go outside to get to it, I am such a big baby when it comes to going outside at night by my self in the cold dark night!!!!! Too many scary movies when I was young, so tonight I will sleep in sewing room with both cats and my lap top and electric blanket! Snug as a bug in a rug! Can't think about scary movies!

urgodschild2 11-11-2012 08:34 PM

Oh Marybeth, I would be afraid to go out too. All those little noises and such and my imagination will run wild.

urgodschild2 11-11-2012 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5647378)
IM BACK!! Miss me? I am hoping with luck lots of luck I can sew a bit today. you guys make me laugh, Quiltingkrazy you can jolly well keep your joy of your snow to yourself. It snowed last night. It was supposed to wait til later today after I got back from dialysis. I can not go to dialysis today because my ride can not drive in the snow, or should I say will not. She said to reschedule it for Monday so I will. friggen A. So snow love it just not when I have to go somewhere. Ok turkeys have you guys really looked closely at turkeys? I feed them every single day and love them. That said they are one ugly ugly faced bird. They also run like something out of Jurrasic park and will attack your car, surely attack your dog or cat and win. Lovely birds. I think they are so much prettier on fabric. Mine are brown. their heads are white. They only turn red when they are angry or defensive territiory wise. IE when another male wants to show his stuff then the feathers go out and their heads go red. That is your turkey lesson of the day. My quilt top will hopefully get a sash today its coming Quiltingkrazy its coming. my left arm is totally out of commission for now. One armed quilting! I like it. (no choice)

Thank you for the lesson about turkeys. When I lived in Boston, I went over to pick up my son-in-law at the Harvard Med School and two turkeys were on the sidewalk. Now this is not in the woods folks. Anyone who tried to walk down the sidewalk on that side was chased by the turkeys. I took lots of pictures and just laughed and laughed.
Boston area has lots of small streams with a little woods next to them and the birds live in there along with the white Swans and Canadian geese.