Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-november-2012-doll-quilt-swap-thanksgiving-im-thankful-t203738.html)

rwquilts 11-02-2012 07:55 AM

Krystyna Update!!!!
Just got off the phone with Krystyna. She's at her sisters home and is trying to focus and take in all that's happened to her and her community recently. She is appreciative of everyone's prayers and kindnesses. I asked her what best she could use at this time and she said "money" is best, even over gift cards, although whatever people feel to do she is gracious about. If you want to, please send to the following address, which is her son's finance's home.

Christina Hirsch
C/O Melissa Guittard
344 Park Ave.
Freeport, NY 11520

Also, please note...she has no internet and phone service rare and spotty and cannot answer pm's from quilt board now?

JauntyMelissa 11-02-2012 08:30 AM

and just a note, please print your user name on the envelope/package so that i can send everyone a PM thanking them on behalf of Krystyna until she is able to get internet service to thank everyone personally.

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5629675)
Krystyna Update!!!!
Just got off the phone with Krystyna. She's at her sisters home and is trying to focus and take in all that's happened to her and her community recently. She is appreciative of everyone's prayers and kindnesses. I asked her what best she could use at this time and she said "money" is best, even over gift cards, although whatever people feel to do she is gracious about. If you want to, please send to the following address, which is her son's finance's home.

Christina Hirsch
C/O Melissa Guittard
344 Park Ave.
Freeport, NY 11520

Also, please note...she has no internet and phone service rare and spotty and cannot answer pm's from quilt board now?

dotcomdtcm 11-02-2012 09:01 AM

I have sent cash in a fabric envelope in a sturdy greeting card & envelope. Risky but I never had a problem.

wanda lou 11-02-2012 12:17 PM

Ronda thanks for the update... K and family remain in my prayers.

rwquilts 11-02-2012 01:15 PM

I'm still waiting to hear from my partner...boo hoo! I have a DQ ready to go and no address to mail it to yet. :) Come on partner...talk to me girlfriend????

You are welcome Wanda lou...I'll give updates if I get any...

QuiltingKrazy 11-02-2012 03:17 PM

Hey Y'all,

Just checking in to see if everyone has made contact with their partners yet? Ladies, Please be sure to send a PM to your partner just to let them know your still around and planning on swapping.

rwquilts I see you haven't but hopefully your partner will contact you this weekend. Give it another couple of day or two and then Please let me know if anyone has a partner MIA. I'll see what we can do.

QuiltingKrazy 11-02-2012 03:57 PM

Me Again! Just wanted to let you know that I will be filling in as the DQ Swap hostess until Krystyna is able and ready to return. I accept this position proudly to do my little part to help remove one thing off herself to be concerned about.

So y'all more experienced DQ swappers PLEASE let me know if I go in a wrong direction or down a memory loss lane! :thumbup:

Lisa B

Judith1005 11-02-2012 04:04 PM

Thanks Lisa. You are such a "doll" to step in. I missed the sign up this month. Just had an unexpected thing come up. I look forward to joining yall again next month

QuiltingKrazy 11-02-2012 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 5630529)
Thanks Lisa. You are such a "doll" to step in. I missed the sign up this month. Just had an unexpected thing come up. I look forward to joining yall again next month

"doll" HA! more like a 'clown'! lol Since you mentioned "next month"... do we want a Swap in December?
Fine with me, I'm just asking what everyone thinks since so many have so much going on during December.
Y'all let me know!

Judith1005 11-02-2012 04:32 PM

I'm open, but really, we usually do skip December and come back in January for the "Show us where your from". Whatever everyone wants is ok with me.