Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

jillnjo 10-11-2012 01:17 PM

Aww... thanks! She's my little tomboy who is always outside and she loves her chickens.

Krystyna 10-11-2012 01:27 PM

God bless your GD. When I was little one of my jobs was to feed the chickens. I hated them. They'd peck at my little legs and flap around and make a horrid stink.

Dragonfly Nana 10-11-2012 02:38 PM

Growing up a suburban kid, I loved going to grandparent's or cousin's homes in the country to feed the cows, pick the corn and doing other "farm" type things but I have to agree with Krystyna - I didn't like the pecky chickens either. Oh, and geese are just plain mean!

rwquilts 10-11-2012 03:10 PM

Krystyna, you and I must be on the same page girlfriend...I too have been thinking "turkey" today...and then I see you've gone and made some turkey appliques...cute, cute! :)

Brandy 10-11-2012 03:52 PM

Lucky ME.... I received such a Sweet Halloween Treat from IDQ. It's so Cute!
Will post picture later.

Krystyna 10-11-2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5578746)
Krystyna, you and I must be on the same page girlfriend...I too have been thinking "turkey" today...and then I see you've gone and made some turkey appliques...cute, cute! :)

Yep! Got three done. One more to go then onto leaves and corn!

TammyB 10-11-2012 09:30 PM

BbEmerald, what a cute DQ! Wow! Great job!

nancia 10-12-2012 01:57 AM

rec'd a gorgeous dq from urgodschild2! i've taken pix and will post as soon as i'm awake! thank you. barb! i love it and all the sparkle! yours is done and hopefully i'll get it to the p.o. before it closes!

Krystyna 10-12-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5578677)
Growing up a suburban kid, I loved going to grandparent's or cousin's homes in the country to feed the cows, pick the corn and doing other "farm" type things but I have to agree with Krystyna - I didn't like the pecky chickens either. Oh, and geese are just plain mean!

Geese! Yes, nasty. We kept some that served as watch dogs ... or I guess, watch geese. They were very protective.

Elisabrat 10-12-2012 05:37 AM

I am going to get started on Novembers soon. I love the pumpkin that is a very cute one and I sure would love to make one next year. My daughter would love it. As it is I am running to get the next month package of goodies for her set to mail Oct 28th. I also need 100 ornaments for a Christmas tree I am volunteering to get up in a senior home for their tree parade (lots of trees in the dining hall). its a low income home for them and its something they look forward to every year. HELP! its a good cause and I am THANKFUL I am not in one any longer. I had to spend two weeks this summer in one and it was not super fun. They are sure lonely. So that is my thankful thought. I have a lot of pay it forwards to do I think. boy.. a wall quilt based on thankful.. that is a good one.