Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

buslady 09-23-2012 05:38 PM

I'm trying to picture that. Halloween, Aussie style, that is........

BuzzinBumble 09-23-2012 05:43 PM

Oooooohhhhh - I am trying so hard to resist temptation, but keep "sauntering" past this thread. Must exercise willpower.... must remember how many important projects I have not completed.... :(
There! I guilted (that's guilted, not quilted) myself into saying - I am going to have to sit this month out. :shock: BUT I'll be watching to see what you all create! :thumbup:

Krystyna 09-23-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 5536472)
Oooooohhhhh - I am trying so hard to resist temptation, but keep "sauntering" past this thread. Must exercise willpower.... must remember how many important projects I have not completed.... :(
There! I guilted (that's guilted, not quilted) myself into saying - I am going to have to sit this month out. :shock: BUT I'll be watching to see what you all create! :thumbup:

Party Pooper!

Judith1005 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

What :shock: SIT OUT!!! Are YOU sure?? lol :)

ctipton 09-23-2012 08:24 PM

I'm in Haloweenie please International. Do they have Halloween

Lynnie25 09-23-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ctipton (Post 5536777)
I'm in Haloweenie please International. Do they have Halloween

We have pumpkins, ghosts, spiders and the odd witch or two - so I guess we have most of the essentials :). A lot of people now have Halloween parties and go trick n treating with their kids.

mooretll 09-24-2012 01:37 AM

Count me in. Halloween for me to

Dragonfly Nana 09-24-2012 06:25 AM

In Mexican culture they celebrate "Day of the Dead" A huge celebration with parades and festival like activities in the communities - on November 1st.

Krystyna 09-24-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5537495)
In Mexican culture they celebrate "Day of the Dead" A huge celebration with parades and festival like activities in the communities - on November 1st.

Yes, it is the celebration of All Souls Day.

Quilty-Louise 09-24-2012 08:42 AM

My youngest (step) daughters mother REFUSED to allow the girls to
acknowledge anything to do with Halloween (due to religion).

However in my eyes the only significance I acknowledged for Halloween
is it was the ONE day a year where kids could "beg" and not be looked
down upon for it. I PERSONALLY refuse to let any other acknowledgment
be associated with it.

But like I said that is just MY personal views for Halloween, I don't begrudge
anyone for their own views about it.

I like Halloween though. I have always wanted to have a big party with or
without costumes either way I just wanted to decorate.