Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring 1.5" Squares Swap- Sign up deadline is 6/1/12 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-1-5-squares-swap-sign-up-deadline-6-1-12-a-t185361.html)

Twisted Quilter 06-17-2012 07:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, can't imagine a laundry basket full of those little monsters! Here's my unorganized bin of stamps. I believe my stamps are 'sterile', they don't seem to multiply at all. Maybe if those jungle animals weren't so noisey they would be able to 'get busy' and multiply. 5 or 6 more swaps and I should I have enough for a quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342668[/ATTACH]

Havplenty 06-17-2012 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5295599)
Wow, can't imagine a laundry basket full of those little monsters! Here's my unorganized bin of stamps. I believe my stamps are 'sterile', they don't seem to multiply at all. Maybe if those jungle animals weren't so noisey they would be able to 'get busy' and multiply. 5 or 6 more swaps and I should I have enough for a quilt.

twisted i surpassed that amount (in your pic) a looonnnggggg time ago. i posted some pics on my blog of some of the containers of squares i have. do you have any ideas set aside for your postge stamp quilt project (i.e. size, pattern)? the blocks for my random psq are 10 x 10 so it takes 1000 squares for 10 blocks. each swap nets me 10 blocks for the one psq. i don't know how many blocks i have assembled yet. i have 10 blocks clipped on my design wall and the rest are in laundry baskets. i have those little squares everywhere and i mean everywhere. :)

Twisted Quilter 06-18-2012 01:31 PM

No definite design in mind, probably just a random selection of dark/light/medium. Maybe sashing, but again not sure. I can't believe you're working on 2 postage stamp quilts at the same time. :shock: You are one super woman!

Havplenty 06-18-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5298908)
No definite design in mind, probably just a random selection of dark/light/medium. Maybe sashing, but again not sure. I can't believe you're working on 2 postage stamp quilts at the same time. :shock: You are one super woman!

are a crazy one as the csase may be.:D once i started with collecting the squares i had to do something with them. i wish i could train myself to do the leaders and enders, i would get through with my sewing them much faster, but my brain needs a certain process and not the co-mingling of projects. so when i set time aside to sew postage stamp squares, that is all i do.

so you see how the 2 psq's got started? i wanted random but i also wanted design. this idea came to me after we were discussing psq designs from the last swap that you hosted. i looked at so many pics, then that's when i found it, perkiomen daydreams quilt. since i had already trained my brain to think in 1.5" (strips, blocks), this 2nd quilt was a natural progression. i just hope when i get them both completed, i can stop myself from cutting 1.5" strips from all of my newly acquired fabrics.:D

Mariposa 06-18-2012 05:23 PM

Havplenty~ you know you will just keep cutting! An addiction, sort of! ;)

Evie 06-19-2012 07:04 AM

Mariposa, what's the final count of swappers? Can't wait to add to my 1.5" stash! Like Havplenty, I've become addicted to these little squares, but unlike her I use them mostly as leaders and enders unless I feel like doing "mindless" sewing. :rolleyes: I have about 75 seven-inch blocks and haven't quite decided what to do with them!

Mariposa 06-19-2012 09:07 AM

Just over 30 swappers! :)

Twisted Quilter 06-19-2012 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 5300521)
I have about 75 seven-inch blocks and haven't quite decided what to do with them!

OMG, another super woman!

Havplenty 06-19-2012 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5301268)
OMG, another super woman!

twisted we loan out our capes. just lemme know whenever you want to borrow it.:D

Fraew 06-19-2012 06:57 PM

Oh please lend me the cape. I have swap blocks that I can't get motivated to finish.

Cape, cape, cape! Puuuulleeeease. :)