Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring 2013 PS squares- 1.5"- Swap- Sign ups close April 15, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-2013-ps-squares-1-5-swap-sign-ups-close-april-15-2013-a-t213731.html)

Mariposa 02-13-2013 07:35 AM

Spring 2013 PS squares- 1.5"- Swap- Sign ups close April 15, 2013

This swap is for 1.5" squares (postage stamps) in sets of 50 different 100% cotton fabrics. Please send what you would like to receive. Limit is 20 sets per swapper.

*Please send me a PM to sign up, and let me know how many sets you'd like to swap.

*Please use quality 100% cottons only! NO flannel, NO homespun, NO blends. If in doubt of fiber content, please leave it out!

*All sets do not need to be identical. You can use any 100% cottons in your stash!

*Please MAKE SURE to trim off selvages before cutting your squares. Also try to be accurate in your cutting of the squares, so they DO measure 1.5". Rotary cutting these does help with accuracy. :)

*Please double check that your sets have 50 (or more) squares in them! We don't want to short change anyone.
Also check that there are 50 DIFFERENT fabrics.

*It seems to work best to put the squares into small, snack size baggies. Be sure to label each baggie with your name, board name, etc.

Sign-ups close April 15, 2013. Sets are due to me by April 30th. I will swap them out, and get them in the mail no later than May 8th.
** International folks, please mail 10 days earlier! To make sure I get them in time.**
For mailing:
Most folks have been sending in stamps, m.o. or cash for a PADDED flat rate envelope ($5.95). It does make things a lot easier, and no worries about bulky packages. Delivery Confirmation is included. I can supply these envelopes, they are free from usps.com.
NO pre-paid printed postage! They are dated, and my P.O. does not accept it!
If you choose to send a different envelope, please, please make sure there is plenty of postage $ for it. An extra stamp, or such wouldn't hurt. These packages are "bulky" and get considered a "parcel", per my Post Office. They charge more for that.
If your sets cost more than what you sent in, I have no choice to hold them until I get the difference. In the last swap, I had several that were "over". It all adds up. Thanks for your understanding.

Please feel free to mail your sets early, if you wish.

General rules for swaps: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM.

sustraley 02-13-2013 04:34 PM

You have pulled me in again. I will PM you.

Mariposa 02-13-2013 08:05 PM

Gotcha covered! :)

nurse bonnie 02-13-2013 09:46 PM

OMGosh!! I am sooooo ready to do this again. Need some else to do to keep my mind occupied cuz I found out Monday, I have to have surgery on my knee again. It will make the 4th operation in 3 years. Knee replacements are not all they are cut out to be. By the time they get it right, I will be eligible to social security!! lol Thank you for keeping us motivated with our little ps gems to share with others.

Grandma Di 02-14-2013 11:27 AM

I'm new at this but think this will be fun. I will pm you.

Mariposa 02-14-2013 03:40 PM

HI Grandma Di, and welcome! :)

Twisted Quilter 02-14-2013 06:28 PM

Holy kamoly Mariposa, thought my eyes were failing me! I'm in. :eek: I think I have enough for my quilt but I still have quite a few already cut. I did more cutting last summer than sewing. I might as well swap them out. I'll check to see how many sets I have and email you this weekend.

SheriR 02-14-2013 09:53 PM

Of course I'm IN!! These little stamps are so cute. I love your swap Mariposa!

barri1 02-14-2013 10:28 PM

Bev,
I'm laughing. I was going to volunteer you for this swap, but you are faster than I am..
Barri

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5862034)
Holy kamoly Mariposa, thought my eyes were failing me! I'm in. :eek: I think I have enough for my quilt but I still have quite a few already cut. I did more cutting last summer than sewing. I might as well swap them out. I'll check to see how many sets I have and email you this weekend.

Evie 02-15-2013 08:57 AM

Wow, Mariposa, you surely don't waste any time! But, you've hooked me in again. I'll send you a PM to confirm how many sets.