Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-churn-dash-12-5-block-swap-t292107.html)

terriamn 11-09-2017 06:17 PM

Personally I almost always starch. Have never seen that written into rules before

Judith1005 11-09-2017 06:37 PM

I think I will join in on the swap also. Armylady, I just sent you a pm. One of my most favorite blocks is the Churn Dash. And, spring colors really appeal to me. So, I will see what I can come up with.

I don't have many florals in my stash. Polka dots, and butterflys run amuck. So, tomorrow, I will go see about getting a couple of florals if I can find them. Or, maybe, I will just go online and see what I can find tonight.

By the way, Great blocks and great fabric pulls being shown. Beautiful eye candy!!

Thanks Maxie for running this swap.

marietta 11-09-2017 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was playing around with all the blocks that everyone has shown so far...This is going to be a wonderful quilt. Thanks ArmyLady

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583607[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 11-09-2017 07:25 PM

Marietta, that is awesome that you can do that with the blocks. I can see it's going to be a really pretty quilt.

terriamn 11-09-2017 07:40 PM

Marietta, thanks for the group picture of the different blocks. You are right this is going to be an awesome quilt

zozee 11-09-2017 09:07 PM

WOw, Marietta, that's inspiring.

The backgrounds don't all look white, but I'm guessing they are? Just the lighting in the photos makes some look grey or light blue?

ljptexas 11-10-2017 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 (Post 7940712)
Yes Please.

Okie, dokie!!! I'm a lookin' in my stashes......

JayneW 11-10-2017 07:29 AM

I have my fabrics ready to go, but haven't started yet! I agree this is going to be an incredible quilt! I'm curious if anyone has done anything fancy yet in the centers... I haven't seen anything.

Bluelady 11-10-2017 09:08 AM

I haven't done anything in the centers, probably won't. But I have the companion block already planned for the final top. I got the next set of blocks half sewed last night, so moving forward. I figure this weekend I should get them completed and have pictures to share. :)
Then I will start sewing my planned companion blocks. And work.. I will be working, busy season starting up now, so the churn sets will be completed by Thanksgiving!
I may want to mail them off early too, if that's okay? In February, if my head wasn't attached each morning, i would never take it with me as I run out the door.. So, I Can wait til Feb to mail them off.. I just worry that I might be late with them, just due to work insanity.

Bluelady 11-10-2017 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 7940227)
I am finding that the points are difficult but it will all be ok in the end when our quilts are completed. In my opinion the beauty of the churn dash is that of the blocks and not the points. A perfectionist I am not ......

Ahh, well, I am bit more of a perfectionist I guess. :) I like points. But, this Is a friendship swap, not a graded exam. :)
But, anyone wants any help making sure that 1/4 inch allowance is all around the block and that your points will remain for the final piecing, I will be glad to help. It is usually a matter of carrying that 1/4 seam all the way to the end of the piecing, that is, not allowing the needle to slide to the edge when you get to the end of a piece you are sewing. And making sure you are doing a Scant 1/4 seam. And maybe it is in trimming the block, that is, not trimming off the allowance all around the block when sizing it.. It took me a awhile when I first started to understand that the completed Block was Not the completed quilt top and said block still need to have the extra 1/4 of sewing room all around it for the final piecing.
To me it is second nature; when I was new, it certainly wasn't. And I have appreciated all the help I was given.