Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-churn-dash-12-5-block-swap-t292107.html)

MaryMo 11-17-2017 04:47 PM

Judith, both of those quilts are impressive but the quilting on the white one is fabulous.

Thanks Army Lady for allowing us to mail early but I'm sure I'll wait until the first of the year to mail. I want to play with my blocks.

zozee 11-17-2017 11:00 PM

Judith, thanks for the link for quilting ideas for our CD block. That's definitely inspirational for practicing all sorts of new free motion techniques.

terriamn 11-18-2017 08:21 AM

The sun is actually shining here today. Hopefully a little later I can take pictures of my completed blocks.

Bluelady 11-18-2017 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7946335)
The sun is actually shining here today. Hopefully a little later I can take pictures of my completed blocks.

Ahh.. no sun here, hence, most pictures of my blocks will be off color. But! that just means when you get them, you can really appreciate and enjoy their true colors even more. I am not expecting sunny days here until next spring.. :)

rbwiese 11-18-2017 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady (Post 7946340)
Ahh.. no sun here, hence, most pictures of my blocks will be off color. But! that just means when you get them, you can really appreciate and enjoy their true colors even more. I am not expecting sunny days here until next spring.. :)

I don't think I could take 3 or 4 mos of cloudy/overcast/snowy/rainy days! A week of it makes me so "blue"! I know there are some special lights that are supposed to help with this, but have never invested in one.

K-Roll 11-18-2017 12:12 PM

Sunny today and we've had glorious rain. Judith, the quilts you linked to are superb, as are your very lovely blocks.
Belfry Bat, what gorgeous fabrics.

For some reason I thought the deadline was the end of November! Once I realized it was Feb, my churn dashing went on hiatus for me to finish my charity quilt. Almost done, just need to finish sewing the binding, and label it.

I am looking forward to putting all these swap quilts together -- and practice free-motion. I ordered the FM foot for my old Bernina now in the shop for servicing (I've never had it professionally done since I bought it from Goodwill, I did clean and oil it thoroughly). I was going to take it in over the summer...it will be great. I have other machines to sew on- became so attached to it --- wondered if my old reliable Brother felt left out! He hums right along though.

Anyway, the quilting on the white one was good to view for this FM novice!

Nesie 11-19-2017 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first block for my 2nd set of Churn Dash blocks.
Sorry for the poor light. Hope you can see the colors. The weather in the Northeast this weekend somewhat beastly so I ensconced
myself in my sewing room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]584044[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 11-19-2017 06:33 AM

Nessie, those are both beautiful blocks. I love the colors your working with.

Bluelady 11-19-2017 05:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
ok.. finally finished some more blocks. Color and lighting is a bit wonky, but you can get the jist of the fabrics! Some of these I have several of and a couple I only have one of! Stash busting!

Bluelady 11-19-2017 05:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I think I have enough completed for 3 full sets. I am going to work a few more sets before deciding which ones to send off....