Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

Twisted Quilter 09-28-2012 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 5546866)
Barri1, your stamps are good. I was in the same swap and got a packet from that swapper. I copied the hostess with my emails to the swapper addressing my disappointment in the swatches and will let the hostess decide whether she can participate in the next one. And, yes, our swapping partner admitted that she tore the strips as her granny taught her so as to keep it on the grain. I kept telling myself, "It's only scraps, it's only scraps." But it didn't help. ;)

Sounds like we all got the same swap partner. I salvaged what I could, GRRRRRRR!:hunf:

dottie dodge 09-28-2012 09:50 AM

[QUOTE=Twisted Quilter;5547152]I think I've finally decided on a pattern for my postage stamp quilt so....I'm going to start putting it together. I hope I can keep those little monsters in line and not too wonky.

Those little squares can get wonky fast can't they? I've been sewing 1.5'' squares into 5 x 5 blocks then into bigger blocks. Helps keep things in line for me.

Fraew 09-28-2012 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5547152)
I think I've finally decided on a pattern for my postage stamp quilt so....I'm going to start putting it together. I hope I can keep those little monsters in line and not too wonky.

Would love to see a pic...even if it's just in the idea, chicken scratch drawing stage. :)

And yes, I'm a victim from the other swap too! We love Mariposa, but doesn't that just make you love her and her swap's even more??? Happy Friday.

dottie dodge 09-28-2012 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=Fraew;5547396]Would love to see a pic...even if it's just in the idea, chicken scratch drawing stage. :)

I caught that act in two sizes! Ouch! I would love to see what you are planning too. I am just sewing my charms together, no pattern, no rhyme or reason. I have seen some awesome ps quilts that are planned but I had already started sewing and I really don't like to do the frog stitch!

barri1 09-28-2012 11:25 AM

I am so tired, and needed a laugh. I guess a bunch of us got the same crappy squares. Since I have a shortage of time, it didn't pay for me to go through the bag. I probably would've been upset if I found a square that I really liked, and it was cut too small. I also sent about 15 more squares just in case some of mine were short, or defective. I started practicing so hopefully the next batch will be better.
Someone mentioned that if you do them in four piece squares, there is a better chance of them being in better alignment. In theory it makes sense.
I better go in for a nap so I can play later. Whoa....

SheriR 09-28-2012 01:34 PM

Wow I lost count how many of us got nasty ripped squares lol. YES I live Mariposa's swap!

Twisted Quilter 09-28-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5547396)
Would love to see a pic...even if it's just in the idea, chicken scratch drawing stage. :)

Thought I was all set to start then remembered that I hadn't finished cutting scraps for a friend. Maybe next week. Right now I think every other square is going to be white. :thumbup:

marytoddliz 09-28-2012 10:18 PM

Well if I ever send out a Crappy Square, Please send it right back to me and I will make it right! I hate messing up! I sometimes think I will end up in Quilters Hell, because of sending a bad cut!

I love scraps and get them from every one I know. They think the little tiny scraps I make into small blocks are for looney tunes, but when I get a project finished they Love them then!

Who ever it was that wanted scraps, let me know I will share if you pay for postage, but beware, I have seen some ugly scraps, thank goodness they are so small you can't tell the pattern! :p

barri1 09-29-2012 03:57 AM

Hi marytoddliz,
Hold on to the scraps, and use them in the next swap. They will just infuse more variety into the swap. I am almost positive I got squares from you, and didn't see a problem. The only problem I had was with the one we all did.. I just remembered opening the envelope, and trying to make head, or tails out of it. The envelope was a month after the swap was over, and I forgot that I didn't get from one person. I did learn one major issue from all of you, and it sort of upset me, and embarressed me. I didn't starch, and iron my fabric, and everyone else's were very nice, crisp, and organized. Okay, so I've seen the light. I'm a changed woman...

Havplenty 09-29-2012 10:09 AM

hey twisted what pattern did you decide on? after my random one and my perkiomen daydreams one are "finished" i will be starting a new one. i have seen some great inspiration on the web so i don't know what the pattern will look like yet. it's good to know you are finally jumping in to start sewing on your psq.

yep i got a bag of ripped squares also and i contacted the swapper about it. i let her know that what she sent was unusable for me and that she should sent out squares that she would want to receive. it would've been a good idea to contact the swap hostess but i hadn't thought of that.

i'm looking forward to receiving my squares from this swap. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5547152)
I think I've finally decided on a pattern for my postage stamp quilt so....I'm going to start putting it together. I hope I can keep those little monsters in line and not too wonky.

P.S. I have some wonky cut squares and thin fabric squares I received in another swap. If anyone would like them, send me an PM and I'll send them to you. Not a bunch but I didn't want to throw them out if someone wanted them.