Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

Havplenty 09-29-2012 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5547800)
Wow I lost count how many of us got nasty ripped squares lol. YES I live Mariposa's swap!

outside of the ripped ones, i got great squares from my other swappers. i am also in the yahoo group swap so i am looking forward to receving those squares also. yeppers i am in square swapper heaven.:p

goldendog55 09-29-2012 11:57 AM

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I just asked to join it. I used to do their swaps earlier. I also swap on another board.

SheriR 09-29-2012 12:50 PM

I mailed for the yahoo one Friday. CuriousQuilter is coming up again. And the "candy" swap. I nearly need a cutting break lol. :D

barri1 09-29-2012 02:19 PM

SheriR, Aren't you running the candy swap?
I think I might have to give up trying to keep up with you all.. I'm becoming obcessed with SCRAPS.. I was in Joann's looking for some stuff that you put on the thread to make it do something better. Acutally, I'm not even sure what it is supposed to do.. Anyway, I was talking to another quilter, and she mentioned a fabric store that was not to far from where I was. We are talking 40 miles from home.. I had extra time, as the dog was at the groomer, so I checked out the store. She was trying to sell me a machine, but she realized I wasn't buying. We ended up talking, and she mentioned that she sold scraps for $5 a lb. Need I say more. I'm the proud owner of another pound of scraps to cut up for a swap. Ughhh

SheriR 09-29-2012 02:46 PM

Barri.....yes....lol and JEALOUS OF $5. A pound for scraps!!

barri1 09-29-2012 03:19 PM

SheriR I guess $5 is a good price. I wasn't sure. The woman mentioned it was about 4 yards of fabric. I couldn't believe the fabrics that I picked. I wish I was doing your swap, but I am inundated with stuff to do. I'm afraid to get involved with your swap yet, as I think I remember it was 2.5".. I want to get a major four quilt project done before I get involved with anything else. So much I want to do, but so little time.

Havplenty 09-29-2012 04:25 PM

did mariposa mail out the packages yet? and yes $5/lb is excellent. i hope you got some great fabrics. enjoy.

Twisted Quilter 09-29-2012 05:23 PM

OMG, is it time for those little monsters to arrive! I've been busy cutting for swaps and forgot all about them.:eek:

How did we all end up getting the same person in that other swap?

dottie dodge 09-29-2012 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=Twisted Quilter;5550462]OMG, is it time for those little monsters to arrive! I've been busy cutting for swaps and forgot all about them.:eek:

I just checked and it says that the charms will be mailed by Oct. 10th. I got all excited thinking about charms in the mail! I took a deep breath and said I can wait a few more days. LOL It will be fun to go through all those "little monsters"! Sue

Honchey 09-30-2012 08:11 AM

Hi Ladies, In what group on Yahoo are you swapping ps squares? I've been using my Accuquilt for cutting the squares using the 1 1/2" strip die and it really works well...now I have a whole bunch of squares left over...most of which have been used in this current swap...How do you keep track of the ones used and not used?