Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

goldendog55 08-16-2012 09:11 PM

I'd like to join again. As long as I'm feeling better, I'll do 30 sets. I have a lot cut already. Found out I have a blood clot in my leg today, but by then, I'll be OK.

Havplenty 08-17-2012 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5445319)
Besides being jealous, I'm also getting grump with the US Postal authority. Mom came home with three envelopes that were not priority, and were $2.19 per.. I also needed stamp.. I have to go in after work tomorrow.. They said they didn't have any. I find it hard to believe..

oh the postage amount issue. just a mini suggestion, since you participate in several swaps i would buy a postage scale to help with monitoring how much postage your envelopes will cost. i got mine from ebay for around $15.00. it is worth its weight in perhaps silver.:)

i weigh my envelopes and packages, check for postage amounts on usps.com, stamp my envelopes or print out postage labels for my packages. it is all quite convenient. i use to collect stamps (who knows why) so i found i had a lot of $0.32 stamps around so i started using them up plus i occasionally buy stamps when i go to the po.

overall stay calm and cool as swapping is suppose to be fun not stressful.

barri1 08-17-2012 02:31 AM

I think it was because I was stuck in the office all week.. and now I will try to pack a ton of stuff in over the weekend. Of course the dog had an attitude that he deserves to be played with.. He wouldn't let me sew.. I was nice.. Now that he is in the dog house at my feet, and sound asleep, I'm wondering if I should bang on the dog house, and wake him up.. He doesn't do mornings..

Painiacs 08-17-2012 02:38 AM

I dont want to swap but have some padded envelopes with 1" postage st amp pieces if anyone wants them!! Just pm me!!!!

Mariposa 08-17-2012 04:46 AM

goldendog-- glad to have you playing along with us! Hope your leg gets better quick!

Havplenty 08-17-2012 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs (Post 5445991)
I dont want to swap but have some padded envelopes with 1" postage st amp pieces if anyone wants them!! Just pm me!!!!

thanks paniacs. i could use this size for my ps potholders. i sent you a pm.

peaceandjoy 08-20-2012 03:26 PM

I haven't checked in here in a bit and had to do some "catching up!" I've sent Mariposa a PM to get mailing addy so my package can go out to her.

The talk of the Post Offices and pricing for mailing makes me giggle. Out here in the boonies, the local "post office" doesn't deliver, only has boxes and is only open for a couple of hours on Saturdays. When we first moved here, that wasn't a problem as I didn't work and could go pick up the mail. When I went back to work, though, we changed to the PO from the next hamlet over as they do deliver - including to our road. Go figure.

That PO is about 5 miles away and is considered a "small facility" by the USPS; the next one would be about 12. When I sent my CQ swap packages out, Austrailia, Germany and Malaysia cost $3.78 each. Canada was $3.12; US ones were just under $2.

Mariposa 08-20-2012 04:07 PM

peaceandjoy- sounds like you are very busy with all of your mailings! :)

SheriR 08-20-2012 05:56 PM

Does anyone else feel like all they do is CUT? lol......I do love getting my surprises in the mail so it's worth it!

Nelco 08-20-2012 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356950[/ATTACH]getting all my 1.5" postage stamp squars ready for mailing.