Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2012-postage-stamp-squares-swap-sign-up-closes-9-15-2012-a-t194702.html)

barri1 07-25-2012 04:01 PM

I wonder how we can advertise, or have more people read about our swap..
I just was looking at the table showing how many squares you need for what size quilt.. Thanks Havplenty.. You made my day, or not... I still have a ton more to go.. but having a lot of fun.. For those that got my baggies in the last swap, I hope they were okay.. For those that are getting my baggies in this one, they will be different from my last.. Hit a garage sale with scraps..

Havplenty 07-25-2012 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5394267)
.... Hit a garage sale with scraps..

me too. got plenty of them.:thumbup:

sew4nin 07-25-2012 05:49 PM

I received from you in the last swap - no worries - great stuff! I have tried not to duplicate anything I used in the spring swap for the summer swap, so if you swapped with me in the spring, you should not have to worry about getting the same stuff in the summer swap.

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5394267)
I wonder how we can advertise, or have more people read about our swap..
I just was looking at the table showing how many squares you need for what size quilt.. Thanks Havplenty.. You made my day, or not... I still have a ton more to go.. but having a lot of fun.. For those that got my baggies in the last swap, I hope they were okay.. For those that are getting my baggies in this one, they will be different from my last.. Hit a garage sale with scraps..

Evie 07-26-2012 08:07 AM

I, for one, don't care if I do get duplicates. My blocks have two, three, four of a kind (sometimes times two) and they still look good! Bring 'em on, ladies. I like them all! :thumbup:

frustratedquilter40 07-28-2012 10:50 PM

Got my 30 sets cut and placed into baggies (placed a couple extra squares in each one just in case :)) labels printed and placed on baggies. Now only if the postman would bring me those darn padded envelopes! My post office does not carry them so ordered them for free to be delivered to the house said it takes 7 days so hopefully early this week sometime :thumbup:

dottie dodge 07-29-2012 06:33 AM

Just joined this forum, thanks Berri for telling me about it. Put me down for 30 sets. SueD

PM'ed Mariposa

Mariposa 07-29-2012 06:43 AM

frustrated-- you will love those envelopes! And they are only available to order online.

dottie-- glad you're playing with us!

barri1 07-29-2012 09:33 AM

Sue.. Welcome.. I think you will really enjoy this group, and get hooked.. It's very addicting, but it has a great bunch of people.. If only I would get off the computer, and finish bagging my squares..
Barri

sew4nin 07-29-2012 10:31 AM

I would like to know more about these envelopes of which you speak. Do I go to the post office website? What are they called?

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 5402716)
frustrated-- you will love those envelopes! And they are only available to order online.

dottie-- glad you're playing with us!

Havplenty 07-29-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by sew4nin (Post 5403322)
I would like to know more about these envelopes of which you speak. Do I go to the post office website? What are they called?

here is the link to the padded envelopes from the usps.