Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 2017 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-2017-i-spy-swap-t289189.html)

rbwiese 06-29-2017 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by GracefulAnn (Post 7853182)
Hello from NC! I've never participated in this swap before so I am jumping in up to my neck. I planned I Spy quilts for my great nieces and great nephews so I need fun stuff! My stash is limited for novelty prints but I have enough for a few sets. I've looked at I Spy quilts on pinterest for inspiration and I love the photos showing kiddos actually looking for items plus the labels that list what you can find. Glad to be on board and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished projects!

There are so many cute ideas for I Spy quilts. Would love to have you join in the swap. It is a great way to get a variety of different fabrics for the quilts. It only takes 1/4 to get the 8 bags of each of 10 fabrics so money is saved.

When you have time to go through your prints send me a PM with your info.

GracefulAnn 06-29-2017 03:58 PM

I just found a wonderful print with a pair of foxes on it today. Fussy cut will give me 8 from one 5" strip. Sweet! I will pm you as soon as I have everything together.

Jannie 06-29-2017 06:05 PM

Nice to know it got there. Now I won't have to wonder.

Originally Posted by rbwiese (Post 7854043)
And it arrived today! Wow the PO was on top of things! Thanks

Susanna10 06-30-2017 08:31 AM

I would like to join. Can we use Disney characters? Do they need to be for boys or girls or both?

bkay 07-01-2017 09:45 AM

Susanna, the rules don't prohibit it, so I guess you can. (Sometimes, they do.)

bkay

bkay 07-01-2017 09:56 AM

I just finished getting 2 sets together. These are fabrics I've swapped before either here or on my other swap group. (I have a accuquilt cutter, so often cut more than I need.) Many of these are discontinued, so will not be seen again. No 2 bags are exactly alike, so mine cannot be used for a matching game. There are no duplicates from set 1 to set 2, however. I will label the bags, "not for matching". If you want 2 sets for matching, be sure and tell Rena.

bkay

rbwiese 07-01-2017 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Susanna10 (Post 7854576)
I would like to join. Can we use Disney characters? Do they need to be for boys or girls or both?

This swap is just for any children's fabric with an easily recognized object - 1 licensed fabric per baggie is ok too. Would love to have you join in our fun!

Please send me a PM with your info when you have your fabric rounded up.

Rena

rbwiese 07-01-2017 03:17 PM

Great to have someone remember to fussy cut! yeah!

I have seen your cute blocks from the Summer and Fall block swaps - really creative ideas.

Glad to have you in the swap!

Rena

rbwiese 07-01-2017 03:25 PM

Great to have someone remember to fussy cut! yeah!

I have seen your cute blocks from the Summer and Fall block swaps - really creative ideas.

Glad to have you in the swap!

Rena

rbwiese 07-01-2017 03:36 PM

OK - it didn't include your quote GracefulAnn - sometimes QB has a mind of its own. I tried several times earlier to leave feedback and it wouldn't cooperate, so will try again later.

So far we have:

Jannie - received
Moonrise – received
Bkay
Mmonohon
Bullock2us
Bonniekeller81
GracefulAnn
Susanna10