Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summertime Block Swap/ Signups open until March 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summertime-block-swap-signups-open-until-march-30th-t283833.html)

Judith1005 05-08-2017 12:29 PM

Thank you Delta and K-Roll. I have marked my list for received blocks.

GracefulAnn 05-08-2017 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what I got today!!! I love my sea turtle! Thanks to everyone who participated. I'm looking forward to the next one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572778[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 05-08-2017 02:05 PM

Thanks GracefulAnn, I will mark my received list. Enjoy!!

djmat 05-08-2017 02:26 PM

Cannot send P M ... computer issues. ..keep the lovely block for you, dear host. I received your pkg today, wowser, great blocks! It may be a while before I can make the quilt due to travel and putting down hardwoods all over this house. ...this message is sent from my cell.
hugs,
d j

Judith1005 05-08-2017 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 7820178)
Cannot send P M ... computer issues. ..keep the lovely block for you, dear host. I received your pkg today, wowser, great blocks! It may be a while before I can make the quilt due to travel and putting down hardwoods all over this house. ...this message is sent from my cell.
hugs,
d j

Thank you djmat, I will mark my list and put the extra block aside. I will enjoy having it. I truly understand your pain with the new flooring.

We too had a major bathroom/shower reno going the last few weeks also. But, ours were not due to wanting to reno. (Although I wanted to have a new bathroom.) Ours was do to old very extensive termite damage that we did not know we had. The previous owners did disclose a problem and treatment of termites. But, the hidden damage was way more extensive then we planned. We ended up having to "gut" our shower. And, it is looking like it will be an ongoing project for a bit. Thank the lord for 2 bathrooms or it would really be an issue!

RedGarnet222 05-08-2017 04:14 PM

Happy Days ladies! I got my blocks in the mail too. Thank you judith and all of the swappers too! How fun they all are.

Judith1005 05-08-2017 04:36 PM

Yes, I second Redgarnet. Thank you all for participating and for all the blocks that will make my quilt very special. I just love this time of year. And, this quilt will make me smile every time I see it. I'm already thinking of making it a bit bigger. I want to drape it over my couch in the summer.

So thank you again everyone!!

jaydee3 05-08-2017 06:56 PM

Woohoo! Received my blocks today. I love them, they are all beautifully done. Now how are you placing the 6 inch with the 12 inch. I have never tried that before. Are you just adding borders? Thank you Judith and ladies.

Judith1005 05-08-2017 07:13 PM

Hi Jaycee, I am adding borders to my 9 1/2" blocks. But, tentatively, I am sewing 4, 6 1/2" blocks together to make one block. Ive had to make some extra small blocks to fill in as well. Or, you could add fillers of borders. I'm not completely sure on how I'm linking mine together yet. Just general ides for the moment.

Judith1005 05-08-2017 07:14 PM

I will mark my received list.