Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ugly-fabric-swap-challenge-t180131.html)

marytoddliz 04-28-2012 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My "Ugly" Quilt top... I think I might add some more boarders to it to make it bigger. My Sister likes it and thinks it would make a great lap quilt. So I think I might give it to her.

roseirish48 04-28-2012 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
finished product[ATTACH=CONFIG]331587[/ATTACH]

Nexxus831 04-28-2012 08:33 PM

wow both those "uglies" have turned out beautiful. I would be proud to own either one.

kiffie2413 05-09-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5137052)
OK, quilters, here is my quilt top made with the 'ugly' I received - brown wavy stripes. I had two alphabet fabrics that had all the right colors, plus some some small pieces of blue.

The size is 40 x 42.

I didn't see this swap in time to sign up, but had to take a peek and see what all you creative peeps have made...I have to tell you that I LOVE your quilt...really, really!! If that is what you can make with "ugly" fabric I cannot imagine what you would make with beautiful fabric!!! Don't know if Mary took you up on your offer, but if she didn't, well, here I am!!! LOL..
Regards,
Kif

kiffie2413 05-10-2012 07:59 PM

Just have to say a big Thanks!! to Jennie...for letting me buy her "awesome not ugly" quilt top!..am so glad I found this swap and decided I needed to check out the pics...
Regards,
Kif

Ms Grace 05-16-2012 05:29 AM

This looks like alot of fun.
Sorry I missed it.
Will there be another swap soon?

kiffie2413 05-16-2012 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JenniePenny (Post 5137052)
OK, quilters, here is my quilt top made with the 'ugly' I received - brown wavy stripes. I had two alphabet fabrics that had all the right colors, plus some some small pieces of blue.

The size is 40 x 42.

Jennie,
I got the quilt in today...its so cute!!! I am so happy that you let me buy it from you...and grateful that someone thought the fabric they sent in was "ugly"...lol...I guess beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder!! I must say you also did a great job matching the fabrics you added to make the quilt...and sending me the binding all ready to go on it once I get it quilted was so thoughtful, too..Thanks again! :thumbup:
Kif

Foxflower 05-18-2012 08:35 PM

I am making good progress on a quilt top from my "ugly."

gotthebug 05-19-2012 07:52 AM

I'm still working on mine. This has been really fun. Maybe we could be creative and think of another swap to do.

Foxflower 05-19-2012 11:37 AM

Who knows when I'll actually get mine done but I am motivated currently to do it. What would be really hard is working with precuts of a bunch of uglies.....2.5" strips or a charm set for instance. That could make an interesting swap. I do love a challenge.