Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Updated -Siggie Swap 2012 Sign Ups close August 1st 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/updated-siggie-swap-2012-sign-ups-close-august-1st-2012-a-t187647.html)

arounds70 06-23-2012 05:48 PM

I tried writing on the fabric today and my wonderful hubby brought me in some 360 grade sandpaper and omg it does perfect, can't even tell I was writing on fabric!
Now if I just had pretty handwriting we would be ok, lol

marytoddliz 06-24-2012 01:36 PM

I used sand paper also, my hubby made me a little frame with sandpaper to use any time I work with fabric. He put a hole in the top so I can hang it on my wall with my templates. Works great!

Also if you feel uncomfortable with siggy to the side, add a smiley face or a flower to it! Adds character and makes everyone think you planned it that way!

sapdoggie 06-24-2012 01:50 PM

Did anyone else besides me have trouble with the finished square being 4 and 1/2" ? Some of mine came out right on the mark and others were 1/8th " off. I had trouble getting the corner squares to match the white square edges.

Just wondering what the trick is to make them line up better.

I am using my "oops" squares as foundation pieces to make mug rugs- sewing scraps to them.

arounds70 06-24-2012 06:38 PM

I had a hard time too but I just figured it was me since I am new to it. I just squared my up to the best I could,

I was wondering do you guys save the little triangles that were cut off or do you throw them away?

sapdoggie 06-24-2012 07:14 PM

I have a small sandwich container full of them. I have made small squares with some of them and plan to put them together one day when I have nothing else to do- LOL. They do make cute mini blocks and fill ins for quilts with odd shaped pieces.

Glad to hear I am not the only one who had issues with the corners and squares.

SheriR 06-24-2012 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by arounds70 (Post 5314561)
I had a hard time too but I just figured it was me since I am new to it. I just squared my up to the best I could,

I was wondering do you guys save the little triangles that were cut off or do you throw them away?

Check post #62 you'll see what I did with my triangles. I keep anything as small as an inch and use it in paper piecing.

sharon b 06-24-2012 08:58 PM

My corners were cranky also :( LOL Sherri want my corners ????

SheriR 06-24-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5314779)
My corners were cranky also :( LOL Sherri want my corners ????

Ooooo I'll take your cranky corners. Dori sent me hers! lol

sharon b 06-25-2012 07:35 AM

I think I put them in a separate baggie ... hhhmmm should have checked before offering :o

SheriR 06-25-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5315545)
I think I put them in a separate baggie ... hhhmmm should have checked before offering :o

LoL I'm in the swap either way :D my family would say I don't NEED more scraps. I'm turning them into pinwheels and using them with the siggi blocks. (Should have the siggis all done soon. I've been fighting sticky stabilizer. Boy I wish I returned it the day after my first battle. I simply hate the stuff and it was expensive.....)