Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/valentines-day-mug-rug-swap-sign-up-closes-jan-2nd-t258720.html)

lynnie 12-29-2014 09:48 AM

patches, I think anything homemade will be greatly appreciated. I think we all want Valentiney. our favs section is for extras only, at least that's what I think. I love aqua, but not a valentine. I want it all glitzy or red and pink and such.

dabbler312 12-29-2014 12:34 PM

valentine kisses

1 Attachment(s)
Haven't found any red lipstick - clip art has so many fun ideas.

lynnie 12-29-2014 02:18 PM

dabbler, love your signature!

ctyankee 12-29-2014 03:31 PM

Lynnie, you're right. A Valentine is a Valentine -- has to be the right colors!

I've spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about this mug rug. I believe I've finally settled on an idea. Now to transfer my thoughts onto fabric!

Dwina, I have some Hello Kitty fabric. I might have some pink leftover from previous quilts, but I can't seem to find it right now. I probably don't have much though, so it may be in the scrap pile. I have blue Hello Kitty fabric, but that won't work for this swap. :( Well, we'll see what happens.

I love mug rugs, so I'm very excited about this swap!

Difergie 12-29-2014 04:23 PM

I am with the traditionalists on this one...valentine has to be reds, pinks, whites...starting mine next week. ☺️

sewred 12-29-2014 04:33 PM

I love everything about Valentine's Day ! Frilly, sparkly, pink, and lacey. I love, the romance part too! I'm a sappy romantic! Hahaha!

Vitality 12-29-2014 05:40 PM

I am not into red and pink, really, so if someone wants to make a non-traditional valentine mug rug, I'm fine with that lol - I do have a cute idea for one to make but I want to wait and see what my partner has to say about their wants first :)

kiffie2413 12-29-2014 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I heard from Nelco she received the "angel" pkg I sent her. I didn't remember to take a pic of the extra "goodies" but I did take a pic of the mug rug. She collects frogs. And actually this one could work for Valentine's, too...sorta..lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]504094[/ATTACH]

Kif

klaws 12-29-2014 06:14 PM

That is so adorable. I love the frogs!

Patchesnposies 12-29-2014 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality (Post 7026191)
I am not into red and pink, really, so if someone wants to make a non-traditional valentine mug rug, I'm fine with that lol - I do have a cute idea for one to make but I want to wait and see what my partner has to say about their wants first :)

I am also a non-traditionalist. As a redhead I LIVE pink....lotsa freckles on a permanently pink face. :o

When we traveled to pick up our 4.5 year old Vietnamese son, he told me, upon meeting me for the first time,(through an interpreter) that I was "pink like a flower". LOL I am.

So, for me, I guess I am more a mauve and cream valentine person versus pink and red. I do love frilly and lacy, though, ala Victoriana. But, then I also like primitive folk artsy type things, too.

The bottom line is I will be happy with anything my partner would come up with! I truly am not picky. Just thought I'd chime in with Vitality and sing the praises of non-traditional valentines! <3