Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/valentines-day-mug-rug-swap-sign-up-closes-jan-2nd-t258720.html)

jeanne49 12-30-2014 02:49 PM

I save my insul brite for hot pads which I use along with a layer of cotton batting, but use only cotton batting in my mug rugs.

suern3 12-30-2014 03:01 PM

I did use only a layer of insul-brite in the mug rug I made for the Christmas swap. Just happened to have some and thought it seemed like a good idea. I liked the way it turned out and hope it holds up OK for my swap partner. I'll probably use it for the Valentine swap, also.

Patchesnposies 12-30-2014 03:02 PM

It sounds like the general consensus is that insul-brite is for pot holders and mug rugs are just fine with regular batting. Thanks for all of the input folks, that's what I wanted to know!

Patchesnposies 12-30-2014 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 (Post 7027287)
I did use only a layer of insul-brite in the mug rug I made for the Christmas swap. Just happened to have some and thought it seemed like a good idea. I liked the way it turned out and hope it holds up OK for my swap partner. I'll probably use it for the Valentine swap, also.

That is something I didn't think of. Whether or not IB holds up well in a mug rug. My potholders do fine. I suppose neither a MR or a PH has to be washed often. I liked the way that it turned out using it in a mug rug, too.

suern3 12-30-2014 03:18 PM

I'm just really looking forward to finding out who my partner is this time. I have some ideas but nothing specific yet.

suern3 12-30-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 7027293)
That is something I didn't think of. Whether or not IB holds up well in a mug rug. My potholders do fine. I suppose neither a MR or a PH has to be washed often. I liked the way that it turned out using it in a mug rug, too.

I'm thinking that what ever we have on hand will work fine for a small piece like the mug rugs. It's all good!

Patchesnposies 12-30-2014 03:31 PM

LOL I think I am over thinking things! LOL

lynnie 12-30-2014 04:03 PM

Patches, stop fretting and just have fun. if you make mine with Insulabrite, I won't mind.
I'll know it's o,k, to put a boiling cup of hot cocoa on.

jaba 12-30-2014 06:55 PM

Insulbrite is not necessary. They are for a small snack and a cup of coffee or tea, not a hot casserole out of the oven....

dabbler312 12-30-2014 06:59 PM

I'm a traditionalist - personally I will savor all the chocolates you want to send to me - I like the heart shaped boxes with all the delicious creations inside. I'll put all the beautiful long stem roses that seem to be in abundance this time of year in a vintage vase that was a wedding gift to my grandmother back in the very early 30's.

As for the mug rug, I will love whatever my partner makes for me.

I'm looking forward to Valentines day.