Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Vote For the Next Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/vote-next-block-swap-t39880.html)

NorBanaquilts 03-22-2010 02:43 PM

Feathers-once the swaps are posted you will have all the information you need to partipate in the swap.

Deb watkins 03-22-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I have a pattern for a balloon, I'll try to get it scanned and posted tomorrow.

If anyone else has a pattern, please post it too!

I was thinking of doing mine as needle turn applique', and there was a question posted as to how we were going to do them. The same block may be good for those not familiar or comfortable with applique'. So, yes, if anyone else has a pattern, please post!!

Deb watkins 03-22-2010 05:09 PM

Do the following mail dates sound doable?

Batiks - July 15th

Balloons - September 3

Black/White/Brights - October 15th

That would give everyone 6 weeks between mailings. Sign ups would close 2 weeks prior to the mail date.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
sounds like we have a go for all three. NorBanaquilts, shall we keep the voting till Friday? What do you suggest for our deadlines for signing up and due date? And balloons out of batiks???? sounds good to me!!!

Seems this is a good time frame.
Since we have several quilters interested, and can do all three swaps, when would you suggest the organizers post the swap with guidelines?

wilhelmina 03-22-2010 09:36 PM

A suggestion

*** copy of copyrighted pattern deleted***

Deb watkins 03-22-2010 09:46 PM

This is a good size for a basic applique'pattern! The balloon itself can be of ones' choice for color and manner of attachment. I wonder if there is a 'block' design out there as well?

stitchinwitch 03-23-2010 03:31 AM

- so the plan is everyone doing the same design with their choice of colors?

krazy4quilts 03-23-2010 04:03 AM

Do the following mail dates sound doable?

Batiks - July 15th

Balloons - September 3

Black/White/Brights - October 15th

That would give everyone 6 weeks between mailings. Sign ups would close 2 weeks prior to the mail date.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
sounds like we have a go for all three. NorBanaquilts, shall we keep the voting till Friday? What do you suggest for our deadlines for signing up and due date? And balloons out of batiks???? sounds good to me!!!

Sounds good to me. I will be in all 3.

Gramakitten 03-23-2010 05:04 AM

I'm going to stay with batiks. Ready to get started. Can;t wait to see the final decision. But it looks like 12" has the most votes.

Claudia Paula 03-23-2010 06:10 AM

The dates are good for me too. I don't do applique so I would need to see a pieced/paper pieced balloon pattern before I would commit to that block. I love the idea of black/white/bright. So often it is black/white/red and I have a quilt with that combination so with bright it is exciting.

This is so much fun!!!

Claudia Paula

Claudia Paula

NorBanaquilts 03-23-2010 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a balloon I did quick in EQ.