Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Vote For the Next Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/vote-next-block-swap-t39880.html)

Ducky 03-23-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Is everyone doing the same block? I have a regular pieced pattern for a hot air balloon that I like and it is pretty simple too lol
Hugs
April

Do you have a picture of it, April?

I'm leaning toward the batik sampler. I love batiks. I'm still trying to figure out if I should do this or not.....

BrendaB 03-23-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Do the following mail dates sound doable?

Batiks - July 15th

Balloons - September 3

Black/White/Brights - October 15th

That would give everyone 6 weeks between mailings. Sign ups would close 2 weeks prior to the mail date.

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
sounds like we have a go for all three. NorBanaquilts, shall we keep the voting till Friday? What do you suggest for our deadlines for signing up and due date? And balloons out of batiks???? sounds good to me!!!

Sounds like a good plan. I would like to sign up for all three please. :-)

Ducky 03-23-2010 12:15 PM

If we sign up, does it mean we sign up for all three?

wilhelmina 03-23-2010 12:22 PM

I am excited about the Hot Air Balloons!!! I like both the applique pattern ((although mine would be machine applique with a decorative stitch along the edges)) and the pieced pattern...can't wait to see the third (April's) pattern. I would also be alright with a Sampler of Balloons both pieced and appliqued. Gee, I may have to make three sets for all three patterns...Whatever the group decides, I'm in :) :)

NorBanaquilts 03-23-2010 12:40 PM

no, you can sign up for only the ones you want

Originally Posted by Ducky
If we sign up, does it mean we sign up for all three?

Deb watkins 03-23-2010 04:22 PM

If we are all okay with the balloons, I am all set to put them into the formal swap mode.
I think for a more unique quilt, you may choose to do a set of 12 in either the block that Norbanaquilts posted, or the applique that Wilhemina posted. I would also like to see what April has to offer for a block! As NBQ says, Hot Air Balloon signup will close two weeks before their due date of Sept 3rd. So...after I clear this and get approval from Patrice, shall I put this into the SWAP section? Or did someone else want to host it?

BrendaB 03-23-2010 06:07 PM

If we are all okay with the balloons, I am all set to put them into the formal swap mode.
I think for a more unique quilt, you may choose to do a set of 12 in either the block that Norbanaquilts posted, or the applique that Wilhemina posted. I would also like to see what April has to offer for a block! As NBQ says, Hot Air Balloon signup will close two weeks before their due date of Sept 3rd. So...after I clear this and get approval from Patrice, shall I put this into the SWAP section? Or did someone else want to host it?

:roll: Not me. Haven't a clue.

charismah 03-23-2010 06:28 PM

OH I am trying to decide if I should join any more swaps! This is so tempting!

quiltin'gran 03-23-2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Do the following mail dates sound doable?

Batiks - July 15th

Balloons - September 3

Black/White/Brights - October 15th

That would give everyone 6 weeks between mailings. Sign ups would close 2 weeks prior to the mail date.

sounds like we have a go for all three. NorBanaquilts, shall we keep the voting till Friday? What do you suggest for our deadlines for signing up and due date? And balloons out of batiks???? sounds good to me!!!

Sounds like a good plan. I would like to sign up for all three please. :-)

Ditto for me...will be be able to do our own style balloon?

MISHNJIM 03-24-2010 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
OH I am trying to decide if I should join any more swaps! This is so tempting!

OH just jump in!!! That's what I've done and it's not until Sept anyhow so there's plenty of time to do other things in between. Come On...Come On...Say YES...You can do it...LOL