Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter 1.5" square swap - Sign up closes March 7, 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-1-5%22-square-swap-sign-up-closes-march-7-2011-a-t82983.html)

sew cornie 12-17-2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes

Originally Posted by sew cornie
PM'd you. Can't wait!

Hooked ya did we? Glad you joined! :)

Yep, I'm in and loving it. I'm tossing around a lot of ideas in my head as to how to lay these out. But I'd like to participate in a few more of these swaps to have enough to make a large quilt with. I've signed up for 20 sets this time.

;)

booklady 12-18-2010 09:02 AM

I sent you a PM for the March swap. I'm patiently waiting for my current swap to arrive. . . . well maybe not so patiently. My DH is tired of me asking for a squishy when he walks in the door with the mail!

Pretty soon I will have to decide on a layout for these.

IndyQuilter 12-19-2010 12:33 PM

I am new to this so I would like to clarify something. If I send you a set, is all the fabric the same and then you swap all the fabrics so each bag returned would have 50 different fabrics or for each bag I send the squares are all different in that bag and then you are just swaping the bags?

oksewglad 12-19-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
I am new to this so I would like to clarify something. If I send you a set, is all the fabric the same and then you swap all the fabrics so each bag returned would have 50 different fabrics or for each bag I send the squares are all different in that bag and then you are just swaping the bags?

Welcome to our crazy swap group! It is the latter. Each bag has 50 different squares and the bags are swapped. 50 different fabs sounds like a lot until you get started cutting and then you are amazed at how many different fabrics you have! I, as many of us have, have started a container just for this swap. When we have a scrap it gets cut and put in the 1.5 swap container. By the time March rolls around you start counting and bagging. The little snack ziplocks work well for sorting and sending your 50 squares.

Keepmelaffn 12-19-2010 08:59 PM

Thanks oksewglad! That answers my question too! Poor Missi just got another PM from me asking if we need to sew the 50 one & 1/2 inch squares together before we send them (lol)... I've not done one of these swaps before...I, like Angela don't want to goof up and waste time, fabric and $$. But I surely am looking forward to doing this one! Wonder how many of us will participate when it's all said and done?

oksewglad 12-19-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Keepmelaffn
Thanks oksewglad! That answers my question too! Poor Missi just got another PM from me asking if we need to sew the 50 one & 1/2 inch squares together before we send them (lol)... I've not done one of these swaps before...I, like Angela don't want to goof up and waste time, fabric and $$. But I surely am looking forward to doing this one! Wonder how many of us will participate when it's all said and done?

You are welcome. OBTW 18 signed up so far and there were 49 for the fall one!

Twisted Quilter 12-20-2010 12:04 PM

Hey Missi!
Thank you again for hosting the last swap. I am definitely in for this one too.

I have a suggestion. How about if everyone also lists the state they are from on their packets. I think it's fun to see where the different fabrics come from. :D

Missi 12-20-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Hey Missi!
Thank you again for hosting the last swap. I am definitely in for this one too.

I have a suggestion. How about if everyone also lists the state they are from on their packets. I think it's fun to see where the different fabrics come from. :D

Great idea - I will add that to the "rules" on the sign up board and hopefully everyone will see this post.

PLEASE LABEL YOUR SETS WITH YOUR BOARD NAME AND STATE!

Missi 12-20-2010 03:27 PM

We have 22 swappers already!!!!!!

The Creative Seamstress 12-21-2010 07:08 AM

PM'd you for the join in. I've been saving since I wanted to join the last one in the fall, but with all my holiday sewing commitments, I had to pass. I was hoping another one would be held and here it is. I'm definetly in!